|This prominent and long established non-profit organisation, working in the realm of human and socio-economic rights, aiming to reduce poverty and also give protection to vulnerable women and children, seeks to appoint an experienced senior Communications and Media Manager. The overall purpose of this role is to develop and communicate the objectives and practical programmes information to both external and internal stakeholders, supporting programmes and advancement of the organization in the community and in civil society.
The core areas of responsibility will include:
- External Communications: public media especially the Press and TV, social media and news letters
- Public Relations: Annual report, organisational branding, marketing and communications
- Internal Communications including document dissemination to staff, and materials management from the public
- Project and Staff Management, including administration, financial controls, budgets, of Fundraising projects and PR Campaigns
- Planning and Management reporting.
The core skills required are: -
- Candidates for this position must have a degree in Journalism or a relevant degree in social sciences, possibly research as a factor
- Sound knowledge and understanding of key issues in the area of human rights, social justice, poverty and inequality, socio-
- economic rights and a good grasp of the broader political and developmental context in South Africa;
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of civil society in building democracy
- Knowledge and understanding media and communications, information management, and Advanced English writing skills
- Excellent project management skills, strong planning, organisational, strategic and analytical skills
- Confidence in document development, information and communication technology, including website and social media
- Planning and organisational skills - prioritise work and manage time effectively
- Candidates must have a valid driver’s licence.
Applications, including CV (with referee’ contact details) and a copy of latest payslip and ID, should be emailed to email@example.com
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.