ChangeAbilitys is a nonprofit organisation that aims to actively lead, facilitate and promote disability awareness and integration in all its aspects. This will be achieved through strategic partnerships, information sharing and sensitisation. The Organisation dream is that people with disabilities are fully integrated into society and are seen as people first; people that have significant potential and value.
ChangeAbility seeks to appoint a Social Auxiliary Worker to be based in Stellenbosch, Western Cape.
Start date: As soon as possible
The salary will be in accordance with the subsidy received from the Western Cape Department of Social Development.
This is a full time, one-year contract position.
- Assist social worker and peer supporters with case management
- Conduct basic individual home visits and interviews
- Facilitate group work sessions and forum meetings
- Assist social worker to evaluate the effectiveness of interventions and programmes by monitoring and reporting on clients’ progress
- Qualified social auxiliary worker
- Registered with the SACSSP and payment to date
- Knowledge of individual, group and community work
- Good written and verbal communication in English and Afrikaans
- Valid Driver’s licence and own transport
- Experience in the disability field and/or non-profit environment will be an advantage
- Experience in project and people management will be an advantage
- Willingness to regularly travel to surrounding communities in the Cape Winelands
To apply, submit a Motivational letter and CV addressed to Roeline Robyn email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about ChangeAbility, please refer to www.changeability.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies