Save the Children South Africa
|Reports to:||Project Manager|
|Base:||2 Positions: KZN (Durban/Port Shepstone) and Mpumalanga (Tshakastad)|
|Fixed-term contract:||20 months|
|Child Protection Level:||3|
|Travel Requirements:||Travel within the province, some national|
|Asset Responsibilities:||Project related|
|External Representation:||Some contact with ECD Sector Stakeholders|
Save the Children South Africa (SCSA) works with children and their families in some of the nation’s most marginalised communities. SCSA is at the forefront of saving children’s lives and creating lasting change for children and their families, reaching over 100,000 children directly and over a million children indirectly annually through child rights, health and nutrition, child protection and education programmes.
From 2018-2020, SCSA will implement the Happy Living and Learning project in ECD centres in Gauteng, Kwa-Zulu Natal and Mpumalanga. With support from the project officer, the project assistant will be responsible for the coordination and administration of the ECD project activities at the selected sites. This includes facilitation of training for ECD practitioners, supervisors and caregivers in health, education, child protection and child rights and governance. S/he will also assist with liaison and logistics involving key stakeholders, partners and service-providers; as well as serve as secretariat to the project.
- Assist in collecting data and information and in organizing/drafting project management reports;
- Provide project administrative and logistical support;
- Provide reports and assistance to project staff on financial and administrative issues;
- Manage project assets;
- Provide administrative support for project related procurement;
- Provide secretariat support to the project including compiling timely minutes of meetings;
- Responsible for logistical arrangements and preparation of the project training;
- Organize and coordinate relevant project training materials as required;
- Coordinate the distribution of materials and supplies to the ECD Centres and Forums;
- Assist the team to compile and maintain a database of service providers for the municipalities where the ECD Centres are based;
- Assist the team in the planning and implementation of special events, including but not limited to flights, accommodation, venues, catering etc.;
- Prepare and maintain proper filing system for all project related documents;
Any other duties of similar nature as required by the Project Manager or Provincial Manager.
- Post-matriculation diploma/degree or equivalent qualification in Child Care, Early Childhood Development, Public administration or Business administration
Level of Experience
- 2 years’ work experience in project/ office / business administration is essential
- Hands-on experience on project administration, inclusively on activity planning, reporting, progress monitoring, result evaluation
- Excellent language proficiency in English and isiZulu/SiSwati/SeSotho/Sepedi/Tswana
- Fully computer literate – internet, e-mail, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Valid driving licence, and 2 years daily driving experience
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Efficient personal organisational skills, including time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and take decisions at appropriate level
- Accuracy, honesty and openness
- Mature and disciplined approach to work
- Passion for the well-being of others, especially children.
Application and contact details: Interested qualified candidates are requested to submit their resumes (covering letter and CV) to Hmalatji@savethechildren.org.za by 02 March 2018. Please indicate clearly the position you are applying for and the provincial location. Only candidates short-listed for an interview will be contacted.