Sexual Violence Research Initiative (SVRI)
The SVRI is seeking to hire a consultant over a 10-month period to mentor and coach SVRI staff and SVRI Coordinating Group through a strategic planning and change management process, May – December 2018.
The Sexual Violence Research Initiative (SVRI) is a global network that works to promote good quality research on violence against women and violence against children driven by gender inequality. We nurture and support an experienced and committed network of researchers, policy makers, activists and donors to build evidence for improved practices and prevention of violence against women and children, particularly in low and middle-income countries.
The SVRI is at an important juncture in its history. Currently the SVRI is a project of the South African Medical Research Council. After substantial growth and success, the SVRI reviewed our current organisational structure and hosting arrangement. The review noted that whilst being a project of the SAMRC has been beneficial for SVRI, the SVRI has grown well beyond a project within a larger unit in an even larger institution to become the key network and platform for knowledge building and dissemination of research from low and middle-income countries on violence against women.
Given our growth, the review highlighted the need to develop a new strategic plan and to review our hosting and management structures. The SVRI is therefore seeking consultants with experience of NGOs/grant making organisations. Applications from both national and international consultants are welcome.
Role of external consultant:
The role of the external consultant will be to mentor and coach SVRI Staff and Coordinating Group for a period of 10 months and assist them with the following:
- Development of a fully costed strategic plan
- Identification of clear organisational arrangement to meet SVRI goals and strategic objectives
- Plan for SVRI to realise this new organisational arrangement
- Capacity to advance our mission through coaching and mentorship
Key activities include:
- Regular online / or face to face mentoring and coaching sessions with SVRI Staff and SVRI Coordinating Group members
- Facilitation of two SVRI strategic planning meetings in May 2018 and September 2018 in United Kingdom and South Africa, respectively
- Drafting and costing of Strategic Plan
- Drafting Organisational Structure
- Drafting Board Roles and Responsibilities
- Drafting and costing of SVRI transition plan
Required skills and Experience of external consultant:
- An excellent communicator with demonstrated experience in conducting similar work;
- Extensive experience and knowledge of NGOs/grant making organisations
More Information and Submission Date:
For more information please email Elizabeth Dartnall at email@example.com
Fully costed proposals in USD to be emailed to Elizabeth by 20 March 2018.
For more about The Sexual Violence Research Initiative, refer to www.svri.org
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities