Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint a IT Support Technician to be based in South Africa.
Duration: One year fixed-term Contact
The purpose of the position is to oversee the provision of technical, administrative, and systems support as well as the implementation of all current and new infrastructure projects / systems for the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation/Centre.
- Research, resolve and respond to support requests received via the call management system, telephone calls, and emails, in accordance with current standards
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of the IT Helpdesk services
- Escalate hardware/software/server issues that cannot be resolved to Service Providers
Call Management System
- Update the Call Management system with accurate information
- Install and maintain anti-virus/antispam solution, perform system recovery of deleted files; perform software installations; obtain patches, upgrades and bug fixes
- Ensure antivirus installation to all desktops and laptops exists and is current; and security of all systems, especially the internet
- After asset maintenance, archive exited user’s mailboxes and data
- Grade 12 and current A+/N+ qualification (Preferably MCSE 2012)
- Minimum of two years of prior related work experience in customer focused IT support
- Working knowledge and experience of Apple MAC is advantageous
- Ability to set up of printers and connecting network drives
- Ability to diagnose and repair hardware and software on desktops and notebooks
- Driver’s license and own car
- Communication (verbal and written) skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines whilst ensuring quality is maintained
- Must be customer focused and have effective productivity output
- Ability to assist with standby after hours when required
- Problem solving skills
- Decision Making skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Planning and organising skills
- Work standards and professional
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za quoting Job reference: #DTHF/C016
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DTHF is committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is with intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
DTHF reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za