ActionAid South Africa
Availability: 01 February 2018
Location: Rosebank, South Africa
An attractive remuneration package from R360 000/annum
is offered, in relation to experience
ActionAid SA is looking to recruit a suitably qualified internal candidate to join the Finance Unit in the role of Senior Finance Officer.
The ideal candidate should be results-oriented finance professional with extensive experience in donor regulations, accounting standards and local laws.
Main Duties may include, but not limited to:
- Prepare quarterly consolidated financial reports To support the Project Managers with financial analysis
- Support the internal and external audit processes in relation to the project and ensure auit requirements are monitored through the project.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly and quarterly financial reports in line with narrative reports that meets all donor funded project, Local Rights Programmes and International Project Accountant.
- Perform project related journals in line with Budget holder sign off.
- Review cashbooks processed into SUN ensuring correct coding.
- Prepare the annual and bi-annual trial balance for AASA.
- Preform monthly PROBAL Reconciliations in Line with AAI requirements.
- Assist in the training of partners and staff on project financial management.
- Minimum of an Accounting Diploma (NQF6), Finance or related to the field, studying towards a Bachelor’s degree.
- Professional qualification is an added advantage (ACCA, CIMA)
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a reputable institution preferably in the NGO sector
- Knowledge, practical application and implications of the GAAP
- Sound practical knowledge of SUN systems and spreadsheet
- Proven experience in design, implementing and monitoring financial and administrative control systems.
- Proven experience in producing budgets and financial reports for use by management and donors.
- Good standard of hands on and practical knowledge of Microsoft packages such as Excel, Powerpoint and Word, e-mail and Internet are necessity
- Auditing awareness (ISAs)
- Asset inventory management
- Payroll processing and management
- Sound procurement knowledge and exposure
- Financial systems and records management & reporting.
- Experience and familiarity on reporting to statutory and regulatory Authorities.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Proven skills in training and developing staff
- Ability to manage other people.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating, and influencing skills at senior management level
- An understanding of and affinity with AAI’s vision, mission and values.
- Good networking skills and ability to establish contacts with executives of other organisations.
- Willingness and ability to work extra hard to meet deadlines for both Internal and external reporting.
- Willingness to work odd hours
- Some travel will be required.
Applications should be sent with your CV and a one page motivation letter to: email@example.com by no later than 17h00 on Tuesday 23 February 2018.