Association for Water And Rural Development (AWARD)
Call for Expressions of Interest
Date of Issuance 12 February 2018
Due Date for Submissions 23 February 2018
The Association for Water and Rural Development (AWARD) is a non-profit company based in Hoedspruit, Limpopo responsible for the implementation of The Resilience in the Limpopo Basin (RESILIM-O) project. The overall goal of the project is to reduce vulnerability to climate change through building improved transboundary governance and management of the Olifants River Catchment through the adoption of science-based strategies that enhance the resilience of its people and ecosystems through systemic and social learning approaches.
DETAILS OF THE CALL: AWARD invites locally based organisations (especially CSOs & NGOs) with experience and capacity in implementing ecosystem restoration and capacity development projects to identify themselves through the submission of an expression of interest. The focus of this call is for the implementation of a 1 year project with the objective to enhance current ecosystem restoration efforts in terms of Invasive Alien Plant control in the Blyde and Klaserie Catchments, while developing the capacity of local landowners and communities to participate in the management of restoration and natural resource management practices. This in turn is aimed at supporting the development of local custodianship over the area, and securing the biodiversity and ecosystem services within the area in the long term. The project would entail the employment of a standard IAP control team working in the upper Klaserie Catchment, which would also undergo extensive capacity development in NRM during this period.
Restoration & Capacity Development for USAID: Resilience in the Limpopo Basin (RESILIM-O) under AWARD
Key responsibilities will include:
- Engaging with Landowners and further key NRM stakeholders in developing necessary institutional arrangements for the project
- Project initiation and implementation in partnership with landowners, government partners and AWARD
- Capacity development of participants and relevant training on natural resource management and restoration in collaboration with AWARD
- Provision of learning materials
- Close coordination with AWARD on project and strategic planning
- Regular reporting
- Ensuring alignment and compliance with DEA NRM project implementation standards
- Close coordination and collaboration with all other members of the Blyde Restoration Working Group
- Proven experience in natural resource management and restoration project implementation
- Experience in capacity development focused on natural resource management
- Experience in participative project design and implementation
- Proven ability to manage financial, human resource, and further administrative aspects of projects
- Ability to communicate and engage with stakeholders
- Locally based organization
Interested organisations are requested to submit an Expression of Interest (maximum 2-3 pages) and an organisation profile via email to email@example.com. No other form of submission will be accepted. The Expression of Interest should outline the applicant’s suitability as well as a brief description of experience in this field. Successful candidate organisations will be approached to develop a full proposal. The successful organisation will be awarded a fixed term grant for 12 months.
The due date for submission is 23 February 2018. The subject line should read Expression of Interest RESILIM-O. Further information about this call will only be via the same email address. Only shortlisted organisations will be contacted.
- AWARD may cancel solicitation and not award
- AWARD may reject some or all responses received
- Issuance of solicitation does not constitute award commitment by AWARD
- AWARD will not compensate offerors for response to solicitation