Centre for Communication Impact (CCI)
Centre for Communication Impact is a not-for profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. CCI aims to improve the health and well-being of all South Africans through evidence-based strategic communication programmes.
CCI, in partnership with the Foundation for Professional Development (FPD) led consortium with funding from KFW is implementing high yield, community-based HIV testing (HTS) and Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision (VMMC) services in 4 districts in the Eastern Cape (OR Tambo, Nelson Mandela Bay, Sarah Baartman, Chris Hani districts) and one district in Mpumalanga (Nkangala district).
CCI’s role in this project is the development and implementation of demand creation and social and behavior change communication strategies, with direct responsibility for supporting consortium partners to achieve the project goals. CCI seeks a competent media and communications manager to be based in Pretoria, with occasional travel to Eastern Cape and Mpumalanga.
The purpose of this role is;
- To develop, support and implement innovative evidence-based communication across multiple media platforms that is responsive to the needs of audiences
- to support the dissemination of project materials, job-aides, lessons learnt and success stories to partners, stakeholders, funders and communities.
- Develop a costed strategy for the delivery of accurate and audience centred content that delivers on the objectives of the programme.
- Develop a workplan to ensure timeous delivery of content for the programme.
- Source, contract and manage service providers in line with the content strategy, budget and workplan.
- Placement of content on relevant media platforms and ensure alignment with overall programme objectives and mplify programme outputs through engagement with social and community media.
- Establish partnerships with key stakeholders, programme funders and audiences to ensure alignment of content with national guidelines, programme requirements and audience needs.
- Document and share lessons learnt and programme achievements to contribute positively to the evidence base of effective communication models and approaches
- Distribution of high quality evidence informed information education and communication (KFW) materials, job-aides to partners and stakeholders that support the campaigns being implemented by CCI.
- Develop and maintain an up to date and accurate distribution database and stock flow management and reporting system to monitor the receipt and distribution of materials.
- Translation, design and printing of existing materials to support partner actvities
- Candidates for this position must have a degree in Journalism/ PR / Marketing/ Communications or relevant qualification.
- Excellent computer skills to perform duties like graphic design.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of key issues in the area of public health and education e.g. HIV/AIDS, VMMC, treatment adherence, etc.
- Good grasp of the broader political and developmental context of public health in South Africa.
- Knowledge and understanding of media and communications, information management, and Advanced English writing skills.
- Excellent project management skills, strong planning, organisational, strategic and analytical skills.
- Confidence in document development, information and communication technology, including website and social media.
- Planning and organisational skills - prioritise work and manage time effectively.
- A valid driver's licence.
Individuals interested in this position should forward their motivation letter and CV by no later than (22nd February 2018), to the Centre for Communication Impact email address: firstname.lastname@example.org