Childline South Africa
Childline South Africa is a nonprofit organisation that works collectively to protect children from all forms of violence and to create a culture of children's rights in South Africa.
Childline South Africa seeks to appoint a Senior Social Worker, based in Zululand, KwaZulu-Natal.
The Social Worker will provide therapeutic services to abused children, families and care givers, as well as to children with abusive or inappropriate sexual behaviour.
- Coordinate the implementation of Parenting programmes
- Supervise and support of employees
- Monitor and Evaluate, data collection, handling, management and validation
- Complete administration work such as case recordings, monthly reports and registers
- Network and maintain a good relationship with a multi-disciplinary team
- Social Work qualification
- Registered with the SACSSP
- Valid driver’s licence
- Proficiency in both speaking and writing in IsiZulu and English
- Computer proficiency
- Wiliness to work after hours and weekends
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a Senior Social worker
- Experience in conducting group work, working with youths and parents
- Experience in working in the NGO field
- Knowledge of sexual reproductive health and HIV/AIDS and different forms of abuse is essential
- Knowledge of The Children’s Act
- Knowledge of the districts/ area of operation
- Background of being a parent or a direct caregiver to a child
- Counselling skills and presentation skills
- Leadership skills and ability to lead, guide and mentor people
- Well-developed social and team interpersonal skills
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with people from different backgrounds.
- Report writing skills
To apply, submit CV’s with traceable and contactable references and certified copies of qualifications to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Non-South African applicants must be in possession of a valid work permit
If you have not heard from Childline South Africa within 30 days, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Childline South Africa, refer to www.childlinesa.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies