Centre for Communication Impact (CCI)
Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) is Section 21, non-profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. CCI aims to improve the health and well-being of all South Africans through evidence-based strategic communication programmes. CCI seeks to employ a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist who will be based in Pretoria for an upcoming USAID Gender-Based Violence (GBV) Programme.
The programme aims to reduce vulnerability to GBV risks and enhance mitigation of the effects of GBV in communities. The objectives of the programme are;
- Strengthen community governance and accountability;
- Increase primary and secondary GBV prevention;
- Improve mitigation of GBV harms (tertiary prevention); and
- Improve access to justice for all victims and survivors of GBV.
Purpose of Job: The M&E Specialist should design, manage, and provide regular information as part of the project’s Activity Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (AMEP), which will monitor progress against the project’s indicators. The M&E Specialist should be responsible for ensuring integrity and sound design for the collection of data feeding into the AMEP. The Specialist should also schedule and manage internal evaluations with the purpose of ensuring sustainability of best practices identified and gauging project impact. The Specialist should ensure staff at all levels of project implementation are trained and prepared to fulfill their roles in reporting.
The following are the minimum qualifications required for a proposed Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Specialist;
Master's degree in one of the following: Public Health, Social Sciences, or other relevant degree.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Public Health, Social Sciences, or other relevant discipline is highly desired;
- Five years (5) of M&E experience working on monitoring, evaluation and research, managing data intensive programs, and designing monitoring and evaluation methodologies and tools, with progressively increasing responsibility;
- Knowledge of M&E issues and indicator development for system strengthening/capacity building and service delivery strengthening;
- Familiarity with PEPFAR indicators and reporting requirements;
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills;
- Experience in knowledge management and dissemination of research findings;
- Proficiency in SPSS, Excel, Word and other MS Office software required; and
- Demonstrated expertise in the design and implementation of rigorous quantitative and qualitative research studies, rapid appraisals, etc., and methods for data analysis preferred.
- References for the last three (3) years of work experience are required and will be verified.
- English fluency is required.
Applications: To apply send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and submit the following:
- A motivation letter, please indicate position being applied for in the subject line;
- CV to demonstrate expertise in the position indicating 3 contactable referees
Applications close on Friday, 9 February 2018, 12pm.
Please note that the position is contingent upon award.