Centre for Communication Impact (CCI)
Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) is Section 21, non-profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. CCI aims to improve the health and well-being of all South Africans through evidence-based strategic communication programmes. CCI seeks to employ a Deputy Chief of Party who will be based in Pretoria for an upcoming USAID Gender-Based Violence (GBV)Programme.
The programme aims to reduce vulnerability to GBV risks and enhance mitigation of the effects of GBV in communities. The objectives of the programme are;
- Strengthen community governance and accountability;
- Increase primary and secondary GBV prevention;
- Improve mitigation of GBV harms (tertiary prevention); and
- Improve access to justice for all victims and survivors of GBV.
Purpose of Job: This position aims to complement and not duplicate the skills of the proposed COP recommends that an individual with strong managerial, financial, administrative, and writing skills and with a demonstrated track record, including five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in local government, be considered. The position requires significant coordination skills, broad general and technical knowledge, experience in developing countries and skills to ensure coherence and consistency in spite of urgent deadlines.
The following are the minimum qualifications required for a proposed Deputy Chief of Party;
Master's degree is desirable in one of the following: Public Health, Social Sciences, or other relevant degree.
- Honours' Degree or higher in Public Health, social sciences or any other relevant field,
- References for the last three (3) years of work experience are required and will be verified. English fluency is required.
Applications: To apply send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and submit the following:
- A motivation letter, please indicate position being applied for in the subject line;
- CV to demonstrate expertise in the position indicating 3 contactable referees
Applications close on Friday, 9 February 2018, 12pm.
Please note that the position is contingent upon award.