Centre for Communication Impact (CCI)
Centre for Communication Impact (CCI) is Section 21, non-profit South African organisation based in Pretoria. CCI aims to improve the health and well-being of all South Africans through evidence-based strategic communication programmes. CCI seeks to employ a Community/Stakeholder Liaison Officer who will be based in Pretoria for an upcoming USAID Gender-Based Violence (GBV) Programme.
The programme aims to reduce vulnerability to GBV risks and enhance mitigation of the effects of GBV in communities. The objectives of the programme are;
- Strengthen community governance and accountability;
- Increase primary and secondary GBV prevention;
- Improve mitigation of GBV harms (tertiary prevention); and
- Improve access to justice for all victims and survivors of GBV.
Purpose of Job: The Community/Stakeholder Liaison Officer will act as the primary liaison between the recipient and government of South Africa, private sector, and civil society stakeholders. This person will be responsible for ensuring regular communication with national, provincial, and community stakeholders. The Liaison Officer will interact regularly with the stakeholders’ point persons on this project to ensure that project development is in line with stakeholder’s priorities and that proper technical assistance is being provided to ensure transfer of knowledge. This position is critical to ensuring skills transfer to local stakeholders and proper preparation of those stakeholders to take on responsibility for the project beyond the five year pilot phase.
The following are the minimum qualifications required for a proposed Community/Stakeholder Liaison Officer;
- Experience working with government counterparts is preferred.
- References for the last three (3) years of work experience are required and will be verified.
- English fluency is required.
Applications: To apply send your application to email@example.com and submit the following:
- A motivation letter, please indicate position being applied for in the subject line;
- CV to demonstrate expertise in the position indicating 3 contactable referees
Applications close on Friday, 9 February 2018, 12pm.
Please note that the position is contingent upon award.