Nisaa Institute for Women's Development
The Nisaa institute for Women’s Development (henceforth referred to as Nisaa) is a nonprofit, non-governmental organisation, which focuses on violence prevention and the empowerment of women who have been abused at the hands of their partners. The organisation was launched by a group of committed women activists, with assistance from the Frauen-Anstiftung (FAS). Nisaa’s Vision is to enable women and children to live in a world free of violence and discrimination. Nisaa’s Mission is to promote women’s rights through empowerment, advocacy, service delivery, collaborative partnerships and a transformative agenda in dealing with violence against women at local, regional and international levels.
Nisaa seeks to appoint a Social Work Coordinator to be based in Johannesburg.
The purpose for this position is to develop the organisations services in a delineated community so as to promote human rights and social justice from a gender perspective.
- Screen and counsel adults and children
- Provide counselling and services to clients when necessary, individually or in groups on a weekly basis
- Provide clients with court support, prepare relevant documentation and assist clients for court proceeding
- Work in conjunction with attorneys to assist clients through court proceedings
- Outreach, build and maintain relationship with stakeholder and work together with stakeholders for the greater good of the clients we serve
- Work with the Nisaa teams on community awareness campaign
- Social work degree and is currently registered with Council
- Minimum of one years of experience coordinating a team
- At least two years of experience in the gender sector
- Computer literacy, ability to type 35 words per minute and Microsoft Office Suite
- Planning and coordinating skills
- Report Writing skills
- Organisational skills and administrative skills, ability to effectively record keep in terms of filing
- People skills
- Communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail
- Polite mannerism
- Client liaison Skills, Customer Service
- Team player
- Self determined
- Good listening skills
- Gender sensitive
- Reliable, dependable and responsible
To apply, submit CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
For more about The Nisaa institute for Women’s Development, refer to www.nisaa.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies