Isiqalo- Waves for Change
The Isiqalo Foundation was founded as a CBO (community based organisation) in March 2009 and is well known for its use of sport as a tool for development. It's most successful programme is 'waves for change' - a surfing programme that provides psychosocial support to at-risk youth through a network of trained community coordinators.
Isiqalo- Waves for change seeks to appoint a Development Director, based in Cape Town.
Salary: Competitive salary based on experience.
- Finally, you will work in partnership with W4C MEL team to identify new outcomes from Surf Therapy programming, coordinate new research and release presentations and publications that increase the evidence base for Surf Therapy globally
- As a key member of a successful NGO developing out of start-up phase, you contribute to strategic decision making relating to organisational expansion
Primary Targets: Business Development
- Use existing networks to triple W4C income in next three years, engaging partners in South Africa, UK and USA. 7 Million ZAR - 21 Million ZAR in 3 years. (Funding to be raised in ZAR / USD / GBP and can be landed in W4C Foundations in US, UK and SA)
- Leverage existing networks, form new global partnerships, assisting W4C programmes grow from 800 children per week in 2018 to 5,000 children per week by 2020
Global advocacy and thought leadership
- Lead W4C MEL Director and Global C.O.O to develop compelling impact presentations and abstracts for presentations at conferences, in journals, on print / online platforms worldwide
- Demonstrated record of finding, securing, and managing funding
- Demonstrated record of securing sub grants for major development / research
- Demonstrated experience of developing strategic partnerships to scale programming.
- Minimum of five years Senior Leadership experience
- Experience developing and managing successful grants through large development
- agencies (USAID / DFID / Ford / Gates)
- Must have working visas / residency in either SA, US, UK.
- Applicants from USA / UK must, be able to work remotely and commit to minimum three months per year in Cape Town (W4C to cover all costs)
To apply, submit CV and your approach for capturing three new funders to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Applications that do not include an approach for new funding will not be considered.
For more about Isiqalo-Waves for change, refer to www.waves-for-change.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies