Sonke Gender Justice
Sonke Gender Justice (Sonke) works globally and across Africa to strengthen government, civil society and citizen capacity to take action to promote gender equality, prevent domestic and sexual violence and reduce the spread and impact of HIV and AIDS.
Sonke Gender Justice seeks to appoint a Compliance and Governance Coordinator to be based in Cape Town.
Salary: R350 226 per annum
- Provide secretariat function to the Board
- Coordinate all logistical arrangements for the Board and Management team meetings
- Take minutes for Board and Management Meetings
- Coordinate the internal and external reporting compliance of the organisation
- Assist with the compilation of the operational plan
- Provide support to the Co-Executive Directors
- Meetings, assist with the coordination of the board and management meetings including arranging logistics and the taking of minutes
- Compliance, maintain monthly internal compliance schedule by tracking compliance against submission of reports on a monthly basis
- Legal compliance, maintain organisations registration and legal status and maintain the organisation’s external compliance with the Companies and Intellectual Properties Commission (CIPC) and Department of Social Development
- Submission of reports, submit audit and annual reports to relevant government entities
- Calendar, maintain and distribute the monthly organisational calendar to staff
- Support the development of the operational plan and reporting against the operation plan
- College diploma or secretarial school qualification required. A degree would be an advantage
- Minimum of five to seven years’ relevant experience with a proven track record in a similar capacity
- Experience in donor/or international NGO environment will be an advantage
- Professional communication skills and writing skills
- Computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Have a proactive approach to problem-solving
- Organisational and planning skills with the ability to prioritise time and work effectively
- Strong people skills with the ability to work under pressure
- Motivated, confident communicator with the ability to engage with people at all levels
- Pays attention to detail and displays a high level of integrity
- Ability to multi-task and is deadline driven
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work across diverse cultural backgrounds
- Create, develop and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues and external partners
To apply, submit CV, a motivational letter and contact details of three referees detailing experience to Sonke’s Human Resource Unit via email to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For non-South Africans nationals or permanent residents, it is the responsibility of the applicant to attain a work permit from the Department of Home Affairs, and employment will depend on a valid work permit being in place.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us by 15 March 2018, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The organisation reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about the Sonke Gender Justice Network, refer to www.genderjustice.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies