Muscular Dystrophy Foundation Cape
Muscular Dystrophy Foundation Cape Branch (MDFC) is a NGO providing services and support to persons young and old affected by MD and neuromuscular disorders.
Muscular Dystrophy Foundation Cape Branch seeks a Social Auxiliary Worker to be based in Goodwood, Western Cape.
- Assist with intake of new referrals
- Collect information relevant to members’ needs and assessing their relevant skills, strengths and deficits
- Assist members to identify options and develop plans of action while providing necessary support and assistance
- Conduct follow-ups with new and existing members telephonically and by way of home visits
- Assist members to identify and access community resources including medical, financial assistance, housing, employment, transportation and other referral services
- Assist with facilitation of Adults and Children’s Support Groups
- Assist with community awareness campaigns
- Assist with monitoring and reporting on clients' progress
- Maintain contact with other social service agencies, schools and health care providers involved with clients to provide information and obtain feedback on clients' overall situation and progress
- All other duties assigned by management, this may include assisting in our bargain shop
- The Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC) in Social Auxiliary Work (one year) or a two- or three-year diploma in Social Work
- Minimum of two to three years relevant experience post qualification
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP)
- Computer literacy
- Report writing and interpersonal skills
- Administrative skills
- English/Afrikaans essential plus one African language would be an advantage
- Saturday work is a requirement
To apply, submit a two page CV and a motivational letter, to the General Manager, Vanessa Jordaan email@example.com or fax to: 0865351387.
Enquiries: (021) 592 7306
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only apply if you live in Cape Town.
Do not apply for this job if you don’t have the right qualifications.
Only applicants that fit the above-mentioned criteria will be considered.
Should you not hear from us within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application as unsuccessful.
MDFC reserves the right not to make an appointment on all short-listed candidates.
For more about the Muscular Dystrophy Foundation, refer to www.mdsa.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies