Social Change Assistance Trust
The Social Change Assistance Trust (SCAT) is a dynamic organisation which has a 33-year track record as a nonprofit organisation. SCAT was established to promote social justice in South Africa through grant making and capacity building.
SCAT seeks to employ a Bookkeeper to be based in South Africa.
Purpose of the position is to fulfil the role of senior bookkeeper with the goal of providing sound financial reports and information.
- Reconciliation and preparation of cheques and electronic payments
- Monthly payroll processing
- Ensure monthly payments are made to SARS, UIF, COIDA and SDL
- Management of cash flow
- Prepare payments for grantees of SCAT
- Record of all financial transactions
- Capture the annual budget onto the accounting system
- Receipting and banking
- Reconcile petty cash payments
- Maintain financial filing system
- Bank reconciliations
- Prepare the trial balance
- Assist with annual audit preparation and assist auditors to access necessary information
- Assist with budget forecasts in relation to programmes and funders
- Process journals to correct ledgers
- General administration to ensure ease of function of the finance team
- Assist occasionally with fieldwork to grantees
- Relevant qualification
- Three to five years working experience in finance
- Computer literacy with a good understanding and knowledge of Pastel Software and Excel is essential
- Ability to work on own and participate in team activities
- Numeracy, written and oral communication
- High level of integrity
- Drivers licence
- Experience of working with financial systems in an NGO
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation
- Maintain accurate records and reporting against good accounting practices
To apply, submit motivational letter and CV to Hishaam@scat.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
No correspondence will be entered with any applicant.
For more about The Social Change Assistance Trust, refer to www.scat.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies