Marsh Memorial Homes
Marsh Memorial Homes is a child and youth care centre is a facility for the provision of residential care to more than six children outside their family's environment in accordance with a residential care programme suited for the children in the facility.
Marsh Memorial Homes seeks to appoint Child & Youth Care Worker, based in Rondebosch, Cape Town.
Salary: A salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered.
- Assess and respond to individual needs of children and youth
- Report and manage the child and youth behaviour
- Organise, engage in and supervise recreational, developmental and therapeutic programmes
- Complete administrative duties and recordkeeping
- Transport children or assist driver when necessary
- Attend staff meetings
- Maintain order, safety and cleanliness
- Prepare meals; breakfast and lunch with children
- Take responsibility and supervision of the general hygiene and cleanliness of children and their rooms
- Enhance the social and living skills of children and youth to facilitate their effective re-integration into the community and reconciliation with their families
- Minimum of NQF Level 4 in Child and Youth Care Work and experience in a residential Child and Youth Care Centre
- Grade 12 and a specific qualification as a Child and Youth Care Worker (all modules)
- Fluency in English and either Afrikaans or isiXhosa
- Willingness to work shifts and over weekends
- Team player
- Be a role model
- Willingness and ability to direct, supervise and interact positively with children and youth
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about Marsh Memorial Homes, refer to www.westerncape.gov.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies