YMCA South Africa
YMCA is a non profit organisation that help gives young people the support and training they need in order to shape their lives into leaders of the future. YMCA has number of educational, social justice programs and leadership initiatives that help nurture young people and build the skills they will carry throughout their lives. YMCA unique advantage is being connected to 119 other national YMCA movements ... connecting almost 60 million people ... providing creative solutions to issues facing young people.
SA YMCA seeks to appoint a Youth Justice Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, based at YMCA’s Head Office in Durban, Kwazulu/Natal.
Duration: Three years contract
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience and education
The Specialist will be responsible for building the capacity of SAYMCA in monitoring and evaluation through the development, implementation and management of our M and E strategy and systems with particular focus on the Sida/Sweden Mission Council funded Youth Justice II project, in partnership with YWCA/YMCA Sweden.
- Assessment of YMCA’s M and E requirements
- Further develop and implement qualitative M and E project frameworks for the Y-Justice II project
- Design additional data management, collection and reporting systems, and monitor the progress thereof
- Develop a project database to capture all data required for M and E purposes
- Facilitate training to capacitate YMCA staff to implement M and E strategy and analyse project activities
- Manage M and E function to ensure that project activities, systems and reports are being implemented effectively and are correctly aligned to meet grant agreement indicators
- Assist with data collection and analysis and preparation of reports
- Record key learnings throughout projects
- Present analytical progress and evaluation reports throughout project cycles
- Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation/Research, Criminology
- Minimum of three years of experience in the development, analysis and implementation of M&E systems within the NGO sector
- Demonstrated experience in building staff M&E capacity, including training and mentoring skills
- Experience in knowledge management, ability to analyse, document and disseminate information
- Understanding of the South African juvenile justice system
- Strong technical writing skills
- Willingness to travel regularly throughout South Africa
To apply, submit a CV (only) and a payslip or details of current salary (if currently working) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about SA YMCA , refer to www.saymca.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies