The Nal'ibali Trust
Nal'ibali is a national reading-for-enjoyment campaign which aims to spark children's potential through storytelling & reading. We do this through storytelling, reading and a network of reading clubs. We are embarking on a USAID funded school-based literacy development programme in the Eastern Cape and KwaZulu-Natal.
Nal'ibali seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to be based in South Africa.
- Systems development:
- Oversee further development, maintenance and optimization of cloud-based Salesforce M&E database
- Ensure streamlined, efficient management, analysis and use of campaign data
- Data management and quality assurance:
- Oversee cleaning and regular updating of reading club, contact and organisation databases
- Clean, align and upload data currently stored offline to create one central repository for all critical campaign data
- Ensure data is shared and used via strong feedback loops that enable a culture of data-driven decision making across the organisation
- Work with a team to:
- develop, deploy, test and refine tools to collect ongoing data about campaign implementation
- produce and share reports with Nal’ibali staff members, partners and funders
- run regular surveys of Nal’ibali network members
- train staff members on monitoring and evaluation tools and processes
- use data to nurture a culture of learning, adaptation and innovation across the organization at all levels
- contribute to Nal’ibali’s research agenda and design of research projects (internal and external)
- Independent self-starter, able to drive projects proactively and independently with minimal supervision.
- Focused, efficient person, able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and multi-task without compromising quality of delivery.
- Strategic and innovative thinker who can turn that thinking into realistic plans and workflows.
- Ability to work well across departments and with a geographically-dispersed, diverse team.
- Competency in at least one other South African language is an asset.
- Passionate about literacy development and social transformation.
- Relevant tertiary qualification, such as a masters or honours degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences, Business or Public Administration, and/or Social Development
- Proven track record of quantitative data analysis, including work with large datasets
- Proven track record of project management
- Excel skills; significant experience using STATA advantageous
- Strong Salesforce skills desirable, including report generation, cleaning and upserting datasets, and creating and customizing objects and record types
- Experience in implementing large-scale monitoring and evaluation and/or quality assurance systems desirable
- Minimum of five years’ relevant work experience
To apply, submit motivational letter and CV to email@example.com with your name and surname, position title on the subject line (e.g. Joe Soap: M&E Specialist).
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about The Nal'ibali Trust, refer to www.nalibali.org
Please note that feedback will be provided to shortlisted candidates only.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies