Feed the Babies Fund
Feed the Babies Fund is a Non-Profit and Public Benefit Organisation established in 1957. We are based in Glenwood, Durban but operate throughout Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa.
The vision and mission is to create change in the lives of babies and children of all races living in poverty through the facilitation of the growth and development of babies during their formative years from birth to six years old by focusing on their nutritional and educational needs.
Feed the Babies Fund focuses on early child development and in particular, on pre-school children up to the age of six years old as this is the period during which the brain develops and grows the most.
Feed the Babies Fund operates as a voluntary association and the Management Committee are seeking to appoint non-executive members to their Committee who have knowledge and experience in business, the NPO sector, legislation and fundraising.
The positions are for active participation in Management meetings and to provide a source of information, reference and networking for the Chair and other members.
- Attend Committee Meetings in Durban every second month
- Provide strategic and general organisation oversight
- Assist with fundraising ideas and strategies
- Provide networking opportunities for the organisation
- Business experience / Legal qualification
- Understanding Corporate Governance in NPO sector
- Experience in fundraising and particularly fundraising events
- Spoken and written communication skills
- High personal and ethical standards
- Passion for making a difference in the lives of those less fortunate
This is a voluntary position with no remuneration.