Corruption Watch (CW) is a nonprofit, civil society organisation. CW receives reports of corruption from the public, investigates certain reports, exposes corruption through communications’ platforms and mobilises the public to take a stand against corruption and the abuse of public funds.
CW seeks to appoint a Legal Assistant to be based at Braamfontein in Johannesburg.
- Legal research and writing
- Factual research on specific cases and reports
- Assist with legal projects, campaigns workshops and seminars
- Prepare internal briefs and memos on cases
- General administrative assistance to legal and Investigations team
- LLB Degree (recent graduates are encouraged to apply)
- Demonstrate interest in anti-corruption and human rights work
- Proactive attitude and enthusiasm for CW’s mission and vision
- Research skills
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Command of the English language, both written and verbal
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work closely with diverse group of professionals and different departments
- Well organised with administrative and file management skills
To apply, submit your CV (not more than three pages), letter of motivation and three contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
No late applications will be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.
If you do not hear from the organisation within 30 days of the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
Candidates from previously disadvantaged backgrounds are particularly encouraged to apply.
For more about Corruption Watch, refer to www.corruptionwatch.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies