Gravitazz Institute for Disaster Reduction
Gravitazz was established to provide technical and practical support to governments, businesses, NGOs and communities. Gravitazz is a member of the Disaster Management Institute of Southern Africa (DMISA). Over the past few years, the global climate patterns have changed significantly affecting various facets of society. This has had a bearing on the humanitarian, environmental and resilience capacity of communities and governments across the African continent. While hazards have always been an ever present reality, recently the frequency of natural and made disasters has increased considerably. So too is the number of complex disasters including conflicts. Communities, organizations, companies and governments struggle to grasp and contain the unforeseen and the unplanned. Gravitazz therefore provides technical expertise through the development of policies, systems and provision of capacity building in prevention, preparedness, response and recovery.
Gravitazz seeks to appoint two Marketing and Business Development Volunteers to be based at Midrand in Johannesburg.
Salary: R5000 Monthly Stipend
Start date: 1 March 2018
Report to: Research and project Manger
Duration: Three Months fixed term with possibility of extension
- Support the identification and operationalisation of business opportunities (e.g. consultancy and training opportunities) for the firm
- Contribute to the development of a comprehensive and efficient marketing strategy for Gravitazz
- Adapt training courses material to marketable products maintaining and updating Gravitazz database of consultants and potential clients
- Closely following all disaster/emergency networks/websites and disseminating real-time information on disaster-related events across Africa and the world on Gravitazz’s platforms
- Support administration tasks
- Must have, or currently be pursuing, an Honor’s Degree in Business, online Marketing or equivalent
- Prior studies or work in disaster risk reduction, environment/climate change, Humanitarian or related fields would be an advantage
- Passionate professional with great attention to detail
- Fluency in English and French
- The other candidate will be selected for fluency in at least two South African languages
- Strong business, marketing and writing skills
- Strong Computer, social media and online marketing skills
- Previous experience in Africa will be a bonus
To apply, submit your CV and motivational letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Foreign candidates, if selected, will have to obtain a work permit.
Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview.
For more about Gravitazz, refer to www.gravitazzcontinental.com
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies