MIET Africa, an NGO working in education development, seeks to appoint a project manager. This is a contract position, based at the head office in Durban, responsible for the management of a large school and community-based HIV and AIDS prevention programme, overseeing its implementation in several provinces across South Africa.
MIET seeks to appoint a Project Manager to be based in Durban.
Salary: Will be discussed with the successful applicant.
- Ensure targets are met
- Manage and monitor the project budget
- Manage the performance of the project staff
- Oversee monitoring and evaluation of project implementation
- Manage information and reporting
- Ensure effective communication and flow of information
- Develop and maintain relationships
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Public Health, Education, Development or related field (a post-graduate qualification is an advantage)
- Knowledge and experience in the education and/or development sectors
- Experience in the HIV and AIDS sector
- A minimum of five years’ experience in senior project management, including managing budgets and the performance of project staff
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation (data collection and management)
- Leadership and interpersonal skills
- Planning and organisational skills
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with project partners, clients and stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to problem-solve and multi-task
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office package)
- Valid and unendorsed driver’s licence
To apply, submit to email@example.com clearly stating Project Manager in the subject line, and attach:
- A letter of application, clearly stating the position
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Copy of ID or passport
- Copy of work permit (if non-South African resident)
- Copy of valid and unendorsed driver’s licence
- Copy of qualifications
- Copy of recent pay slip
- An affidavit stating that you have no criminal convictions. In the event that you have previously been convicted of a crime, a full disclosure of the criminal conviction should be stated on the affidavit
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
MIET Africa reserves the right not to fill the post, or to re-advertise to widen the pool of applicants. It also reserves the right to do a complete verification of all information supplied.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about MIET Africa, refer to www.miet.co.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies