The Siyazisiza Trust
The Siyazisiza Trust, founded in 1987, is a registered nonprofit, public benefit organisation committed to assisting rural communities in, currently but not limited to, northern KwaZulu-Natal, currently, but not limited to, food security and agricultural and craft enterprise development.
The Siyazisiza Trust seeks to appoint a Field and Facilities Systems Administrator, based it’s offices in Empangeni, KwaZulu Natal.
The post-holder will support the Trust’s operations through design, planning, organising and implementation of effective administration systems. Ensuring that stringent administrative systems are developed and managed which effectively support the organisation in the implementation of its various functions. The administrative systems would include asset and fleet management, procurement, communications, regional financial control, and general office management.
- Design and maintain an overview of business systems and suggest improvements to business and administration processes
- Support the design and maintaining of administrative systems to support the effective implementation of Trust’s funded programmes
- Manage the Trust’s fleet of vehicles. This would include the maintenance of Stannic fleet cards, vehicle tracking, vehicle allocation, traffic fines payment and recovery, license renewal, collate monthly travel log registers, maintain motor vehicle registration documents, services and repairs scheduling, etc
- Carry out routine financial processing to include ordering, invoicing and petty cash, following the Trust’s financial policies and procedures
- Manage regional procurement requirements and KZN regional store-room. This would include sourcing suppliers, obtaining quotations, arranging deliveries and collection, undertaking stock-takes and inventory control, etc
- Provide a professional first point of contact for telephone, email and face-to-face enquiries, answering and filtering calls for the function, and covering reception as required
- Make travel arrangements and organising accommodation for staff as and when required
- Carry out routine administrative tasks which may include: maintaining adequate levels of stationery; reprographics; record keeping; distributing post, and handling routine correspondence
- Develop and maintain filing systems, both electronic and non-electronic
- Monitor and order office equipment and consumables
- Assist in the preparation of reports or proposals, including obtaining information from on-line sources. Proof reading of reports or proposals and presentations for errors
- To take part in rotated tasks where applicable, playing an active part towards good team working
- To support and comply with the organisation’s policies and procedures
- Business management/administration diploma/degree NQF level 6/7
- At least two years general administrative and data management experience within the NGO sector (preferably in the field of rural development)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Internet and Typing)
- Understanding of Fleet Management will be an advantage
- Fluency in English is essential and proficiency in isiZulu will be an advantage
- Code B driver’s license will also be an advantage
- Ability to coordinate administrative and financial processes within a complex environment
- High level of accuracy and numeracy
- Ability to take initiative
- Attention to detail
- Organisational and communication skills
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Please note that due to the high number of applicantions, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Siyazisiza Trust, refer to www.siyazisiza.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies