Save the Children South Africa
|Reports to:||Head of Programme - ASRHR|
|Child Protection Level:||Will have access to personal data about children|
|Travel Requirements:||To countries in the region to support partner|
|Asset Responsibilities:||Own assets and those used by others|
As the Finance Officer for the ASRHR Project, the person will be responsible for providing support in financial management and monthly processes. S/he will assist the team in achieving project goals by ensuring accurate reporting and compliance with financial controls and standards. Under the direction of the Head of Programmes, S/he will work closely with the Regional Programme Coordinator in ensuring that the ASRHR Project finances are well recorded and expensed. The FO will be responsible for supporting the team to adhere to all Finance management obligations internally within Save the Children and externally with donors. S/he will work closely with Head of Programmes and Regional Programme Manager on financial reporting, monitoring and analysis and compliance processes.
Financial and Budget management
- Attend partner financial monitoring after reviewing partner reports and files and before disbursements of next instalment.
- Provide support during partner and project Audits and help in implementing the audit recommendations on a day to day basis.
Monitoring, Reporting and analysis
- Input into high quality ‘donor ready’ reports as scheduled.
- Communication with budget holders, program staff and partners to obtain inputs into key processes and up to date budget figures.
- Ensure donor budget lines are completed for donor reporting requirements.
- Support partner assessments, kick off meetings and monitoring visits.
- Assists team with information and/or data for Budget Preparation and Forecast Reviews.
- Review partner budgets and financial reports then ensure final copies are uploaded onto the awards management system (AMS).
- Ensure financial support documents reflect the reported amounts in financial and narrative reports.
- Follow up of partners advance balances.
- Develop and ensure adherence to compliance check list for partners in accordance to SCS and donor requirements.
- Update budget templates.
- Assist the Regional ASRHR team in preparing donor reports in line with donor compliance.
- Conduct monthly financial follow up meetings with the Program Teams and support with budget reallocations. Ensure audit reports are done in a timely manner.
- With the Head of Programmes and program managers, review the audit findings.
- Participate in monthly ASRHR Program meetings.
- Ensure the ASRHR Program is compliant at all times with the donor requirements.
Person Specification: Essential
- Professional qualification in Business, International Development, Finance/Accounting or similar
Person Specification: Preferred
- University degree in Business Administration, Finance and/or experience working in a related role
- Experience managing grants, contracts & sub agreements with knowledge of major funders’ guidelines (e.g. Sida, USAID, DFID etc.)
- Relevant experience managing donor funded projects with International NGO’s particularly those addressing human/children’s rights and those applying partnership approaches
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills:
- Strong analytical skills, computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must.
- Ability to work well with a team and establish relationships with other teams/offices
- Cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Highly developed interpersonal and English communication skills including influencing and negotiation
- Experience working with implementing partners and managing sub awards/grants
- Excellent time management and planning capacity
Closing date: 10 February 2018
Receiving email: firstname.lastname@example.org