Catholic Parliamentary Office
The Catholic Parliamentary Liaison Office (CPLO) exists to provide the Southern African Catholic Bishops’ Conference (SACBC) and the Catholic community as a whole with information and analysis relating to a range of public policy and legislative issues. In addition, it seeks to maintain contact and dialogue between the Church on the one hand and Parliament and Government on the other.
CPLO seeks to appoint an Environment and Energy Project Coordinator, based in Cape Town.
Working Hours: 20 hours per week
- Grasp of Catholic Social Teaching and of current debates around environmental issues, sustainable energy, use of fossil fuels, nuclear power, etc
- Degree of initiative, the ability to work independently
- Proficiency in written English are necessities
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in the humanities, social sciences, or environmental sciences
- Post-graduate degree is strongly recommended
- Previous experience in the fields of environment and energy will be a significant
To apply, submit CV, two referees and a motivational letter to The Programme Manager, SACBC Parliamentary Liaison Office, P O Box 2910, Cape Town or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and these will be notified within two weeks of the closing date.
Enquiries: Tel: 021 461 1417.
For more about CPLO, refer to www.cplo.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies