INMED South Africa
INMED Partnerships for Children rescues children from the immediate and irreversible harm of disease, hunger, abuse, neglect, violence or instability and prepares them to shape a brighter future for themselves and the next generation. INMED’s vision is to transform the future for generations of children by building continuity of support from infancy to adulthood.
INMED seeks to appoint a Programme Coordinator to be based in Johannesburg.
Reports to: Programme Coordinator –HIA
This is a fixed term contract and Relocation assistance is not available
Salary: R10 000 not negotiable
- Assist the Project Coordinator with the coordination and collection of the annual assessments at the chosen schools
- Collate the information gathered in the annual assessments of the chosen schools
- Assist with the development of all program educational material and presentations
- Assist the Project Coordinator with the coordination of the training workshops for educators, volunteer food handlers and school vendors with particular emphasis on basic nutrition, hygiene, healthy lifestyles, agriculture and physical education
- Assist the Project Coordinator with the coordination and running of all INMED events such as, but not limited to, volunteer days, press days, activities days
- Conduct regular school visits to monitor the implementation of the Health in Action programme at the targeted schools
- Strengthen reporting within the project and assisting with collection and capturing of all relevant data
- Provide administrative support
- Assist with procurement and control of stock and company assets
- Provide necessary support and supervision to school “Break-time Buddies” and school “Garden Champions”
- Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma (M plus three) in the fields of dietetics/human movement studies
- Verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills as well as fluency in one or more local languages desirable
- Ability to work with little supervision and must possess good training skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office systems, including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Experience working effectively with teams of diverse backgrounds in impoverished areas/townships
- Must be available to work on weekends when required
- Valid driver’s license and own reliable transport essential
To apply, submit CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Promoting Healthy Lifestyles for Children in South Africa through Nutrition Education, Physical Activity and School Gardens.
No phone calls, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about INMED Partnerships for Children, refer to www.inmed.org
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies