Breede River Hospice
Breede River Hospice focuses on providing Palliative Care to terminally ill patients and has grown to now offer a range of life-giving and supporting services that, these days, go far beyond what hospice is traditionally known for.
The Hospice seeks to appoint a General Manager to be based in the Western Cape.
Salary: R25 000 to R30 000 related to qualifications and experience
Start Date: 16 April or as soon as possible
Report to: The Board of Directors
- Uphold the Hospice ethos, culture and values
- Ensure that there is an excellent palliative care service
- Represent BRH at the national and international level
- Coordinate the strategic planning process
- Secure Board approval
- Drive implementation and review performance
- Ensure sound financial management practices
- Prepare the required management and Board reports
- Support the Fundraising Manager, in the quest to secure the funds required to sustain the organisation’s operational needs and long term growth plans
- Ensure that the human resources, with the skills and experience required, are recruited, developed, motivated and retained, while giving due regard to employment equity and affirmative action.
- Maintain and develop close working relationships with the Department of Health, Social Services and community and corporate organisations, and related stakeholders
- Establish close working relationships with the clinics, hospitals and private health care institutions and medical practitioners
- Oversee the maintenance acquisition and control of assets, both movable and immovable
- Fulfil the role of Information Officer
- Prepare the Annual Report; and organise the AGM
- Qualification in health sciences or management
- Computer literacy Microsoft Word and Excel
- Minimum of three years in a senior management position, preferably in an NPO environment
- Proficient in English and Afrikaans
- Knowledge of health care in South Africa preferable
- Drivers’ license essential
- Resident of Langeberg or prepared to relocate (The Langeberg is the Robertson area of the Western Care, approximately 200km from Cape Town)
- Have strong judgement
- Decision making skills
- Problem solving skills
- Resource management skills
- Ability to delegate
- Communication skills
- Ability to adapt
- Team leader
- Ability to Network
To apply, submit CV, a motivational letter stating your suitability to the post, copy of qualification, contact details of two references and copy of ID (if not a SA Citizen – also include a copy of your work permit) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries can be made to Maria on 023 626 5710
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
A relocation allowance will be considered for the successful candidate if they live more than 50km from the Langeberg.
Interviews will be allowed by skype if the applicant lives more than 200km from Robertson.
Preference will be given to EE candidates in the final selection process.
For more about Breede River Hospice, refer to www.hospicebreederiver.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies