Society for Family Health (SFH)
PROJECT: Finance Department
REPORTS TO: Finance Director
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Project Based
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Participate in capacity assessment and selection of sub-recipients.
- Develop and amend a sub award contract as per program requirements
- Conduct sub-recipient’s internal audits to ensure that they are following SFH and donor policies and rules.
- Monitor and provide support to sub-recipients in areas which include: overall financial management, internal control systems, and budgeting.
- Assess sub-recipients’ budgets, monitor expenditures in accordance with PSI/ donors financial rules and cost-recovery policies.
- Review and reconcile sub-recipients’ monthly financial reports.
- Track and review budgets in consultation with Program Managers.
- Manage donor audits as they pertain to sub-recipient’s management and compliance.
- Maintain an up to date sub-recipient file according to the PSI G&C procedures.
- Participates in project start-up, implementation, and close-out procedures ensuring compliance with terms and conditions of the contractual agreement and partner policies and procedures.
- Train new awardees summarize the donor rules and regulations and deliverables.
- Track modification information and contractual documentation using SFH databases.
- Keep record and track donor rules and regulations for PSI and sub-recipients on active PSI Awards for compliance.
- Maintain grants/award records (fully commissioned awards, reports and correspondences between PSI and donor).
- Ensure financial adherence to defined terms and contractual obligation for sub-recipient contracts.
- Ensures that all contract authorization, reporting, deliverables, and related financial / technical documentation are complete
- Provide TA to procurement contracts to ensure compliance with PSI and donor policies.
- Provide guidance on appropriate contract templates and language for contracts.
- Develop a PSI contracts tracking system.
- Responds to internal and external audit matters related to contracts
- Honors’ degree in accounting or finance or related field
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting with preference for an Honors’ degree
- Knowledge of Lawson or ERP system desired.
- Advanced knowledge of the MS Office package and document management system.
- Excellent communication skills and writing skills with demonstrated experience in communicating complex processes to diverse stakeholders
- Good negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Up to date compliance with policy and procedures and ability to promote compliance
- Working knowledge of US government regulations and requirements to development assistance
- Possession of a valid drivers’ license and be willing to travel 20% travel anticipated
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your full application email@example.com with a closing date of the 15 February 2018.
All application submissions will be reviewed and considered, only the most qualified candidates will be short listed and contacted for interviews. SFH is an equal opportunity employer.