St Josephs home for Chronically ill children
St Joseph’s Home for Chronically Ill Children is a private, but state funded home that provides convalescent care and medical services for up to 145 children who suffer from chronic and debilitating illnesses. To this end St Joseph’s Home has four dedicated wards plus our Sunflower HIV ward.
St Joseph’s Home seeks to appoint a Speech Therapist, based in Cape Town.
This is a half-day contract position
- To provide speech therapy to patients referred to St. Joseph’s home on an inpatient and/or outpatient basis to improve their functional abilities and to facilitate the reintegration of the child into different life areas
- To ensure, implement and maintain accurate, updated and effective administration
- Manage and Supervise students
- To plan, implement and supervise after school and ward programmes together with other therapists.
- Enhance the therapeutic environment and speech therapy function within St. Josephs Home to provide optimal service delivery.
- BSC degree (speech and language pathology)
- Registered with the HPCSA
- At least two years’ experience as a Speech Therapist in an institution
- Experience dealing with children with feeding difficulties due to neurological impairment would be an advantage
- Experience in Alternative Augmentative Communication would be preferential
- Proficient in at least two of the three official languages in the Western Cape,( an African language will be preferential)
- Computer literacy essential
- Team Player
- High energy
- High sense of responsibility and accountability
- Organiser and mobiliser
- Ability to relate to children
- Written and verbal communication skills
To apply submit a detailed CV and mativational to HR@stjosephshome.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about St Joseph’s Home for Chronically Ill Children, refer to www.stjosephshome.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies