St Josephs home for Chronically ill children
St Joseph’s Home for Chronically Ill Children is a private, but state funded home that provides convalescent care and medical services for up to 145 children who suffer from chronic and debilitating illnesses. To this end St Joseph’s Home has four dedicated wards plus our Sunflower HIV ward.
St Joseph’s Home seeks to appoint a Fund Development Officer, based in Cape Town.
This is a half-day contract position
Report to: Manager Resource Development
- Identify viable potential funders through detailed research and prioritisation according to the ones most likely to be approved
- Write funding proposals, grant applications, in-kind donation proposals, letters of interest and other collateral required in order to apply for funding
- Compile donor reports
- Support the rest of the team building relationships, looking for promotion opportunities, looking for ways to increase giving, bringing on new donors, up keeping database
- Assist the manager in conceptualizing, partaking and implementing events that may yield financial reward to the organisation.
- Engage with online fundraising platforms such as crowd funding and the use of the social media for fundraising
- Grade 12 and relevant diploma in fundraising, or a relevant degree in communications, journalism or international studies
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience in proposal and grant writing and special events, either and preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Proven experience of setting, managing and delivering on targets
- An ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders
- Experience in financial management of donor funding
- Database management and budget
- Valid driver’s license
- Proven ability to research, develop and write proposals and reports
- A high level of proficiency in English
- An understanding of local and international donors, the NGO sector and fundraising trends.
- High level computer literacy (MS Office)
- The ability to take initiative / see opportunities
- Attention to detail
- Good general organizing skills
- Ability to work under pressure, and willing to work after hours
- Ability to function smoothly under strict deadlines and shifting priorities
- A team player who also works well independently
- A passion for working in an environment for ill children from poor communities
To apply submit a detailed CV and motivational letter to HR@stjosephshome.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
For more about St Joseph’s Home for Chronically Ill Children, refer to www.stjosephshome.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies