Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered non-profit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Project Coordinator to be based in Cape Town.
Fixed Term Contract: End 31 March 2019
The main purpose of this position is to work closely with the Zimele Project management team, to coordinate effective functioning of Keeping Girls in School (KGIS), Soul Buddyz (SBC) and Rise Clubs programme at the implementing schools. Responsible for managing the KGIS and SBC team; monitoring and evaluation of the programme; networking, advocacy and project administration
- Responsible for SBC, KGIS and Rise Young Women’s Clubs implementation at primary and secondary schools, within the whole Klipfontein and Mitchells Plain areas
- Manage day to day activities of the programme together with the KGIS Supervisor, SBC and Rise Administrator
- Compile weekly, monthly, quarterly progress reports
- Ensure collection of data on site, including quality evaluation
- Ensure monitoring and evaluation of the programme and making the necessary adjustments to achieve project outcome
- Monitor and manage project staff performance
- Coordination of KGIS and SBC programme site files and source documents
- Coordination of KGIS and SBC programmes’ stock and resources
- Stakeholder management including WCED partners, School Principals, Staff and NGO partnerships to ensure smooth running of the programme
- Liaise between the schools, onsite team and head office
- Matric and Post Graduate Degree in Project Management or related field
- Minimum three years’ experience in project coordination
- One to two years staff management experience
- Computer literate: Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Valid Driver’s License and own car for daily use
- Valid Police Clearance certificate
- Data management
- Monitor and evaluation
- Written and verbal communication skills - English essential
- Planning and organizing skills
- Problem solving and decision – making skills
- Strong work standards
- Team leadership skills
- Strong ability to build interpersonal relationship
- Clinical Practice course
- Experience working in local community settings
- Ability to speak isiXhosa and/or Afrikaans
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za quoting Job reference: #DTHF/C009
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DTHF is committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is with intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
DTHF reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies