Denis Hurley Peace Institute (DHPI)
Denis Hurley Peace Institute (DHPI) is an associate body of Southern African Catholic Bishops Conference (SACBC) working in selected countries in the African continent in the areas of peace building.
DHPI seeks to appoint a Director to be based in Pretoria.
The successful candidate must subscribe to the Catholic Social Teachings.
The Director will be accountable to the DHPI Board.
- Manage and coordinate DHPI and oversee the implementation of all the DHPI programmes
- Plan, implement/execute and evaluate DHPI programmes and ensure that DHPI responds proactively to the challenges around conflict, violence and human rights violations
- Manage DHPI resources and staff, and ensure that the DHPI also acts as a resource for the SACBC
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with funding partners as well as sound networking relationships with other non-governmental organisations
- Develop long term strategy for sustainability of the DHPI
- Post graduate qualifications in Social Sciences, Development Studies, Project Management, Theology or any related field
- Minimum of three to five years’ experience and competency in proposal and report writing; project management and analytical skills
- Knowledge and ability to handle a wide variety of situations and to be familiar with African and to some extent international trend
- Sound knowledge and experience of working with non-government organisations and faith based organisations
- Financial oversight, excellent computer skills, experience in fundraising and a good team player
To apply, email a CV with three contactable referees and a letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Denis Hurley Peace Institute, refer to www.dhpi.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies