We are looking for a highly organised and detail-orientated person to help us with management, research and visualising data. You will have at least a Masters Degree in communications, social sciences, international development or a related field.
The successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
- Experience in managing projects to budget and within tight time-frames
- Postgrad degree in a communications, social sciences, international development or a related field.
- A great eye for good design. And ideally some evidence of creative pursuits. You don’t need any design skills, but should be able to visualise key messages into great graphics, and brief designers.
- Organisational and managerial skill. You will be working with other team members from diverse sectors and timelines are often tight.
- Very precise in checking documents and graphs.
- A passion for squeezing the story out of research, evidence and data.
- To be Cape Town based.
The work can be done from your own location – or you can set up a space in our Sea Point office. It will be on a project basis, with a fluctuating workload - probably around 5-20 hours a week. Fee rates are flexible, depending on candidate’s experience.
Some more detail on the skills we need:
- Be able to simply and effectively communicate data and concepts.
- A good understanding of numbers, graphs and statistics.
- Have excellent English language and communication skills – both verbal and written. You will need to communicate with clients, write content and check documents.
- Be creative with an interest in design.
- Be able to think visually. This job involves turning text into visuals and infographics. You will have to create wireframes for reports and visuals that will then be passed to the designer to create. We can teach the right person how to do this but must show some potential.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Be able to set and meet deadlines. In your project management capacity you will have to set realistic time-bound deadlines for the team and ensure that everyone meets these deadlines.
You will be working with an exciting, dynamic team of designers, web developers, researchers and project managers to turn clients’ content into visually stimulating products. This job involves a high level of creative collaboration, with frequent meetings to brainstorm, give input and receive feedback.
We are looking for someone that can start on a freelance basis, but are hoping to develop an ongoing collaboration with the right person/people.
To apply, submit a detailed CV, covering letter and names of three contactable references including email contact to firstname.lastname@example.org
A bit about what we do.
Lushomo helps organisations share their research, information and results in innovative and effective ways. Our team draws on a depth of technical and research experience in health, environment and development, as well as expertise in information design, layout and illustration. We are Cape Town based, but our work is undertaken by a diverse team working in several countries. Most of our clients are United Nations organisations working in the environment, health and development fields. For more info check our website: www.lushomo.net