Expression of Interest – External Evaluation of The “Strengthening the Voice of Older People to engage with Local Government in South Africa.”
HelpAge International is a global Network that brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working to promote the rights and meet the needs of older persons (women and men), at national and global level. At the core of this network are civil society members, who work with older people around the world supported by HelpAge International (HelpAge henceforth) as their Secretariat. Together, our vision is a world in which all older persons can lead dignified, healthy and secure lives. Everything we do as a network is directed towards maximising positive impact for older persons.
The European Union and the Commonwealth Foundation committed to jointly fund the Strengthen the Voice of Older People to engage with Local Government project in Kwa Zulu Natal, Limpopo, Eastern Cape and Gauteng provinces in South Africa. Specifically, the projects are implemented in Amajuba, Mopani, Waterberg, Amatole, and the Alfred Nzo and Tshwane in South Africa.
- A postgraduate qualification (Masters or above) in Social Sciences or in a discipline relevant to this assignment with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Proven experience in research methods and in the evaluation of technical assistance projects relevant to the themes covered by this project (with evidence to be included as part of the Expression of Interest).
- Strong communication skills, proficient in working across all levels of institutions with experience of conducting interviews sensitively in a range of contexts.
- excellent report writing skills in English
- Knowledge of local languages will be an added advantage.
Time-frame –Kindly note the change of dates
- The evaluation should commence on 12 February, 2018 with field visits scheduled to take place between 19 February to 2 March 2018. It is anticipated that the evaluation will take no more than 25 working days, including preparation, travel, briefings/debriefings and external meetings, presentation/revision of findings to SAOF and preparing the report.
Expressions of Interest:
Expressions of Interest are sought from applicants meeting the criteria above. These should be addressed to email@example.com copy Enos.Omondi@helpage.org no later than midnight 30 January, 2018.
The full details of this assignment are available on www.helpage.org/who-we-are/jobs/final-evaluation-euproject-south Africa/