Amnesty International South Africa
AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL SOUTH AFRICA
WEBSITE REDEVELOPMENT BRIEF
Bids should be submitted to Nthabeleng Mzizi via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by
Monday, 29 January 2018.
We will choose a supplier within one week of receiving the bids. The project will commence on
Monday, 5 February 2018.
Our target launch date is Monday, 30 April 2018.
Please address any questions to Mienke Steytler in Nthabeleng’s absence
(email@example.com; +27 11 283 6000).
Amnesty International is a global movement of more than 7 million people who take injustice personally. We are campaigning for a world where human rights are enjoyed by all.
- The general public. We are a member-based movement, we are independent and therefore rely on individuals who hear about our message through our communications channels. Our members are also our largest contributors through membership fees and donations.
- Activists. Activists contribute meaningfully to the Amnesty International movement. Activists take action in the name of Amnesty International and strengthen our relationships in communities.
- Volunteers. Amnesty International South Africa would like to run a volunteer programme where individuals within South African civil society can actively take action against human rights violations. We would like our volunteers to represent a broad spectrum of the general South African public. The website should act as a recruitment touch point for these volunteers.
- Partners. We are continually expanding our partnership network with civil society organisations and lateral NGOs. The website should act as a vehicle to strengthen our network.
- Employees. The strength of our efforts relies on the quality of our people. We would like the website to attract job applications from qualified individuals. The website should advertise the uniqueness of our offering.
- Media. Amnesty International South Africa has been featured on a number of local television and radio stations. We would like the website to attract further media attention, and enable interested parties to download our press releases and reports.
Website activities and objectives
We would like the general user to engage in the following activities on our website.
Items are listed in order of importance:
- Membership sign-ups
- Encourage members to take action
- Pay annual membership fees online
- Donate online
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Follow us on social media channels like Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Download resources on the Amnesty International South Africa Activist Hub
- Regular updates on human rights news
This ties in with our major website objectives:
- Create awareness about the Amnesty International movement
- Generate membership leads
- Generate membership fee payments and donations
- Build an online community
- Build a repository for resources and materials on human rights
- Advertise uniqueness of the movement to partners, volunteers and the media
The website will contain the following navigation structure. Alternate suggestions on page structure are welcome:
Who we are
- The Movement
- Our history
- Annual reports (3 reports for launch)
Projects & Campaigns
- Outline per project with image galleries and videos (6 Projects & Campaigns for launch; Write for Rights, Brave, I Welcome, Women’s Rights & Marginalized Persons, ESCR, Justice and Accountability)
Take Action/Act Now
- Membership sign-ups
- Membership fee payments
- Membership FAQs
- Fundraise for Amnesty
- Urgent Actions
- Volunteer recruitment
- Activist Hub
- Activist Resource Centre (resource centre with campaign information)
- Activism events
- News articles
- News events
- Image galleries (3 albums for launch, approx. 10 images per album)
- General blog (5 articles for launch)
- Photo blog (33 images for launch)
- Press releases
- Location with Google Integrated Map
- Contact number
The website should contain the following special features. Additional feature suggestions are welcome:
- Newsletter subscription and HTML mailer
- CRM integration with Salesforce
- Online donation form with ability to pay via EFT, PayPal or credit card. We would like users to choose between recurring and once-off donations
- Interactive image galleries
- Visual events calendar
- Website keyword search
- Internal Content Hub Back-end: Where we can upload images and videos for AISA staff to access
- Full integration with Google Analytics
A website worth referencing is:
Amnesty International Australia: https://www.amnesty.org.au/
In terms of the design, we like the following visual references:
Please include a Budget Plan in your bid.
|Receive pitches from agencies||Monday, 29 January 2018|
|Agencies selection||Monday, 5 February 2018|
|Project commencement||Friday, 9 February 2018|
|Site launch||Monday, 30 April 2018|
|Maintenance and enhancements||Ongoing|
We’d hope that a basic website be ready by the end of March with a fully functional site ready by the end of April.