The South African National Aids Council Trust (SANAC) invites all suitable interested service providers or Consultants to submit their proposals for the provision for website redesign, hosting and maintenance of the SANAC Trust website for a period of 19 months. RFQ 2018/01/001
Respond before the closing date and time: 26 January 2018 at 11h00
The Evaluation process is 80/20, Functionality threshold is 70 points overall.
The TOR and the Bidding document will be available at SANAC Trust website from 12 January 2018 under SCM tab- then click RFQ- www.sanac.org.za
Contact Person/s at SANAC for enquiries:
- For technical queries, contact: email@example.com
- For Procurement queries and bid submission, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quotation can be submitted by Hard Copies or Email to the following Address:
2nd Floor, Block E, Hatfield Gardens
333 Grosvenor Street
SANAC Trust Reserve the right to appoint a suitable qualified a service provider and also reserve the rights to withdraw this request.
The South African National AIDS Council (SANAC) is a voluntary association of institutions established by the national cabinet of the South African Government to build consensus across government, civil society and all other stakeholders to drive an enhanced country response to HIV, TB and STIs.
The main objectives of the Council are to:
- Foster dialogue between government, civil society and all other stakeholders and to oversee the country’s response to HIV, TB and STIs;
- Advise government on HIV and AIDS, TB and STI policy and strategy and related matters;
- Strengthen the governance, leadership and management of the response to HIV, TB and STIs at national, provincial, district and local levels;
- Strengthen the multi-sectoral response to HIV, TB and STIs as a contribution to the overall social and economic development of South Africa, including but not limited to policy review, programme management and co-ordination, technical assistance and capacity building and sectoral support;
- Mobilise resources domestically and internationally to finance the response to HIV, TB and STIs, including but not limited to estimating expenditure and resource needs, fund-raising from domestic and international institutions, including Treasury, donor co-ordination and investigating new sources of funding for the multi-sectoral response and the 5-year National Strategic Plan on HIV, TB and STIs (NSP);
- Ensure the monitoring of progress against the targets set in the NSP and ensure mid and end of term evaluations for the prevailing NSP;
- Create and strengthen partnerships for an expanded national response in South Africa to HIV, TB and STI among government agencies, non-governmental organisations (NGOs), donors of funds, agencies of the United Nations, the South African private sector and people living with HIV, TB and STIs.
The overall goal of revamping the SANAC website is to improve data handling, mapping and storage. To create a modernised and appealing web portal that will enhance the credibility of the organisation.
SANAC has an existing site that is in need of restructuring, redesign and content updates. We require a service provider to develop a website and maintenance services including inter alia, search engine optimisation and any training that may be needed.
The specific activities required include:
- Redesign and update SANAC website, using the existing content and new content but with a revised and updated look and feel and new functionality
- Development of an additional website for the SANAC Civil Society Forum
- Website to be fully searchable using the world’s top search engines
- Website to be informative, interactive, user-friendly and eye-catching, as well as attractive and professional, and must clearly communicate the objectives of SANAC as well as highlighting projects, events, quarterly newsletters, subscribe to newsletter, distribute newsletter via a database linked to the website, and resources
- Website to present information in a clear, collated format
- Website structure that is modern, usable, accessible and intuitive for users as well as easy to update SANAC
- Client to provide logos, branding, photographs and content
To create a web portal with efficient basic and advanced search functions
- To create easy, intuitive, rapid, and searchable access to SANAC resources (with the ability to ‘showcase’ new/major publications)
- To create a web portal with an improved SEO
- To create a secure web portal with appropriate levels of access and user rights, such as:
- Users with basic functions to upload content only
- Users with medium access (upload, edit, delete content)
- Administrators (add & delete users; assign permissions etc.)
- SANAC has created a Focus for Impact web application, so this component must be integrated within the new website.
- To create web portal that is interactive and adaptable to all electronic devices (mobile, desktop etc.)
- Provide advice on social networking and development
- Be available for progress meetings as requested by SANAC
- Monthly website hosting fees until June 2019
- There will be a transition phase during which the current maintenance company and the new company will be working in tandem. During that period, the newly contracted web development company will be responsible for:
- Getting familiar with the code, structure and functionality of the web site.
- Migrating and setting-up and running the web site.
- Production of a monthly Google Analytics report, which will note the main website traffic trends
- Production of a bi-annual SEO (search engine optimization) report that will review the state of the website’s ranking on major search engines
- Training of 5 SANAC staff on how to use the website CMS (content management system) when required. Transfer skills to ensure that at the end of contract, SANAC employees will be able to support and maintain the website.
- Attend to technical functionality changes and modifications requested by the client
- Make modifications to the site to enhance the SEO of the website
- Limited uploading of content or data input support should the client need assistance/training and telephonic support where required
Duration of contract
19 months from the date of the contract with an option to renew the contract
Requirements and Competencies
Proven experience of web design and support in the international development sector.
- Strong experience in developing in well-known and widely used open source platforms, such as Drupal, Joomla, WordPress, etc.
- Understanding of End Users needs to match with adequate technical solutions.
- Strong track record in web site design; security and administration; Google analytics;
Search Engine Optimisation
The provider shall be an organisation with proven expertise, competence and expertise in the following areas required for the development of a user friendly and appealing website:
- Information Architecture
- User experience design
- Interaction design
- Front-end development
- Back-end development
- Content strategy
- Usability engineering
- Visual design
- Proven track record in web design, development and maintenance (including hosting)
- Ability to train web users
- Experience in migrating existing data from one portal to the next
For more about South African National AIDS Council, refer to www.sanac.org.za
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities