Afro-Middle East Centre
The Afro-Middle East Centre (AMEC) is a research institute established in 1998 to conduct research mainly on the Middle East and North Africa region. The institute activities include publications, conferences, seminars, and other events, and production of policy recommendations.
AMEC seeks to appoint Events and Communications Intern, based in Johannesburg.
The interns will be provided with the opportunity to gain work experience in a research environment, and will be given stipends to cover their expenses. Internship programme will range from three to six months.
- Students who are either in the final year of their undergraduate studies, or have just graduated in Communications, Public relations, Graphic design or related field of study
- Public relations and communication skills
- Acquainted with social media platforms
- Website management and graphic design will be an advantage
- Motivated, analytically rigorous, thorough and reliable
- Verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage at all levels
- Fluency in English
To apply, submit a detailed CV, motivation letter to Nazlie@amec.org.za
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Your motivation letter should explain why you want to work for AMEC, and what qualities and experience you would bring to the role.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more about Afro-Middle East Centre, refer to www.amec.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies