Request For Proposals (RFP)
Service Provider for the provision of family therapeutic support to children who have experienced sexual abuse and their families in Gauteng, Limpopo and Eastern Cape
FHI 360 is an independent non-profit organization serving in more than 70 countries, committed to resolve critical social problems throughout the world. Its mission is to improve lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions for human development. FHI 360 was awarded a five-year, USAID-funded Capacity Development and Support (CDS) program to develop the organizational management, technical capacity and sustainability of local non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and South Africa Government (SAG) departments, to sustain an improved, expanded and country-led response to HIV and AIDS.
FHI 360 through the Capacity Development & Support (CDS) project with funding from USAID, is implementing a Prevention & Response to Gender Based Violence among Children and Adolescent Populations (OVC-Plus UP: GBV) project; that seeks to address gender-based violence experienced by OVC through the provision of evidence-based interventions. These interventions are aimed at strengthening systems and increasing the coverage of services at the community and facility level, in Gauteng, Limpopo, North West and Free State Provinces.
FHI 360 seeks a South African accredited therapeutic service provider to provide evidence-based therapeutic support to help children, adolescents, and their caregivers to overcome trauma-related difficulties, to reduce negative emotional and behavioral responses following child sexual abuse, for the Thuthuzela Care Centers (TCC) listed in the table below. The accreditation should be in line with the Department of Social Development Policy Framework for the Accreditation of Diversion Services in South Africa. The appointed Training Service Provider will be required to perform the following services:
- Participate in the initial briefing/Kick-off meeting after signing the contract where the selected Service Provider will be briefed to initiate the project execution phase.
- Participate in the orientation / introductory stakeholder meeting with the NPA, Thuthuzela Care Centers and other stakeholders
- Engage Thuthuzela Care Centers to identify a total allocated targets < 18 year (female and male) per district as indicated in table who have been sexually abused and reported to the Thuthuzela Care Centers for Family Therapeutic Support through record reviews.
- Assignment and management of Child Psychologists to administer Child and Family Psychosocial Needs Assessment Tool.
- Implementation of the short-term Psychosocial Support involving individual sessions with the child and parent (or caregiver) separately and joint sessions with the child and parent together.
- Prepare a preliminary written report from Thuthuzela Care Centers to assist in a court proceeding or to assist in decisions concerning a child’s placement.
- Prepare final Project Report.
The detailed request for proposals entitled “Psychosocial Support for Families (TCCs)”. is available on the Capacity Development and Support program website http://www.capacitydev.org. Questions relating to this RFP will be accepted until January 16, 2018 at 17h00 and answers posted on the website on January 17, 2018. Questions should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure the subject line states “Psychosocial Support for Families (TCCs)”.
All proposals should be submitted by email to email@example.com by January 22, 2018, at 17h00 South African time. Please ensure the subject line states “Psychosocial Support for Families (TCCs)”. Late submissions will not be considered and only selected applicants will be contacted and/or advised of the outcome.