Saartjie Baartman Centre for Women & Children
The Saartjie Baartman Centre for Women and Children (SBCWC) is a one-stop centre for women and children who are survivors of abuse.
SBCWC seeks to appoint a Social Worker to be based in Cape Town.
This is a full time position.
- Provide individual and group counselling to women and children living at the Centre and those accessing services from the community
- Compile psychological reports to relevant stakeholders
- Compile and implement project plans
- Establish a co-operative working relationship with role-players
- Ensure administrative processes are compliant with legislation and policy
- Registered with the SACSSP
- At least three to five years’ counselling experience; work with survivors of domestic violence and/or substance abuse would be an advantage
- An empathic understanding of the effects of trauma
- Fluency in at least two of the official languages of the Western Cape
- Written and spoken communication skills
- Be computer literate
- A valid driver’s license
To apply, submit your CV (copies of degrees, diplomas are not necessary) together with a motivating letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 637 3487.
For queries: Shumeeze Jo0haardien on 021 633 5287
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
For more about Saartjie Baartman Centre for Women and Children, refer to www.saartjiebaartmancentre.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies