Baylor College of Medicine Children's Foundation-Malawi
Baylor-Malawi is seeking an organisation or individual experienced in graphic design and layout to serve as a contractor to provide design services.
Title: Design Services to USAID-funded Non-Profit Organisation
Requestor: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation – Malawi (Baylor-Malawi)
Contact information and deadline for proposals: Proposals should be submitted by email no later than 17:00 (SAST) on January 26, 2018
Primary contact: Johanna Theunissen, Communications Officer, TSP
+27 82 441 6337
Primary funding: USAID
Period of performance:
Expected start date (on or about): February 1, 2018
Anticipated end date (on or about): June 30, 2018
Agreements could then be renewed annually for subsequent one-year periods through April 2021 given satisfactory performance.
Location: Anywhere, with preference for South African or Malawi-based contractors
Objectives: Baylor-Malawi is seeking an organisation or individual experienced in graphic design and layout to serve as a contractor to provide design services.
Background: The Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation-Malawi is an independent, local trust set up by its Board of Directors to, among other objectives: collaborate on research and training concerning HIV/AIDS and other chronic, communicable and tropical diseases and conditions that would contribute to the improved care and management of children in Southern Africa;
- promote health development programs for the children of Southern Africa in the area of HIV/AIDS and other chronic, communicable and tropical diseases and conditions;
- develop HIV/AIDS and other chronic, communicable and tropical diseases and conditions research capacity of personnel employed as students, technicians or specialists participating in the activities of the Company;
- assist and implement such post-training arrangements as may be necessary to ensure maximum benefits for the participants in the various programs; and
- promote HIV/AIDS and other chronic, communicable and tropical diseases and conditions clinical and therapeutic studies that have potential for application in the health sector of Southern Africa.
One of Baylor-Malawi’s main project is currently the “Technical Assistance to PEPFAR Programs in the Southern Africa Region” (TSP) program. TSP is a USAID-funded program with the core goal of reducing the impact of HIV/AIDS in the 10 target countries in Southern Africa supported by the USAID Regional HIV/AIDS Program. This is done primarily by providing technical assistance regarding paediatric and adolescent services to partner programs in the region. Another core project is the Tingathe program, which supports the delivery of high-quality comprehensive HIV services at more than 60 health facilities in Malawi.
Scope of work
Baylor-Malawi is looking to identify an organisation or individual experienced in graphic design and layout to serve as a contractor to provide design services. Applicants must have excellent design capacity, accuracy and attention to detail, time management and organisation skills, and experience in the health and development field (previous experience with USAID ideal).
Baylor-Malawi would need this individual or organisation to provide services such as:
- Layout and design of a variety of materials such as brochures, newsletters, posters and presentations
- Creative design of specific graphics such as diagrams and infographics
Proposals should include samples of a variety of work completed, with hourly rate and estimated time required (in hours) to complete each type of product. This should be completed in the following table:
|Type of product
|Hourly rate||Estimated time required (in hours) – all materials provided (content, images)||Additional information|
|A4 single-page brochure (back and front)|
Proposals should also include:
- Concise profile of your company
- Portfolio, including a variety of materials and graphics created such as diagrams and infographics
- Three previous or current client references
- Other useful information, such as previous experience with USAID and supported projects, with examples of work completed
Baylor-Malawi understands the actual costs would depend on the specific work to be identified and the actual time required, but will be evaluating on-going costs based on the rates that would be likely be required.
To view other opportunities, refer to http://www.ngopulse.org/opportunities/other