Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC
Fixed Term Employment
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC seeks individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people in the Southern African region and demonstrate leadership, versatility and integrity in their work. We are seeking exceptional Pretoria-based candidates for the USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP).
The USAID Southern Africa Energy Program (SAEP) is a five-year project that works to advance energy policy and regulatory reform, and accelerate investment to increase power generation and access to electricity throughout the region. According to World Bank data, less than 25% of the non-South African population living in the Southern African region have access to electric power. The limited reliable power affects the competitiveness of Southern African industry, agriculture, and the economic opportunity and health conditions for rural populations, women, and youth. Through strengthening the enabling environment and facilitating public and private transactions, SAEP leverages the momentum of private investment to help focus SAEP’s resources in ways that best support the reform of national and regional energy ecosystems. At the same time, SAEP produces the tangible results needed to create a sustainable cycle of additional reforms, increased investment and continued political will.
Specific Tasks Applicable to the Position. As directed by the Chief of Party or his/her designee, the Employee shall perform, oversee, and support the performance of the following specific tasks:
Assist the Deputy Director of Finance and Operations in the creation, periodic updating and successful implementation of all work plan actions necessary to ensure proper financial management of SAEP according to U.S. Government and Deloitte standards. Job responsibilities include, but not limited to, the following:
- Administer the project fund chain, including but not limited to requesting funds from home office, balancing the local Imprest account, establishing petty cash funds, making payments from petty cash, making payments via check or wire transfer, verifying the documentation substantiating payouts, recording all financial transactions in Imprest document. Prepare and reconcile the monthly Imprest Report for timely home office submission.
- Enter the accounting entries into SAEP’s chosen banks’ online banking tool for approval by authorized SAEP signatories. Develop a relationship with SAEP’s chosen bank to resolve any issues in a timely manner.
- Calculate and audit local travel expenses in accordance with the project’s employee manual policies.
- Monitor local time and expense related costs incurred through project Imprest account to provide relevant input to budget revisions and pipeline projections to COP and Director of Finance and home office to ensure availability of funds for program expenses.
- Liaise with Southern African tax authorities to ensure timely meeting of tax obligations in accordance with the Southern African tax legislation. Monitor and report out on developments and amendments in the taxation system and tax code in Southern Africa.
- Administer and monitor local vendor payments and outstanding balances.
- Prepare transaction vouchers with appropriate support documentation in accordance with Deloitte and USAID finance and procurement policies.
- Ensure that all finance documents are properly and securely filed.
- Review all Purchase Requests and prepare all Disbursement forms for proper coding and budget adequacy.
- Ensuring compliance of travel authorizations, documentation, payments with established procedures.
- Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure that compliance procedures in financial areas are followed.
- Identify compliance issues that require follow-up.
- Disseminate written policies and procedures related to compliance activities.
- Collaborate with Deputy Finance & Operations Director to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations.
- Assist Deloitte internal auditors in compliance reviews of Financial Documents.
- When necessary, lead the closeout activities of the project from the Finance Department’s perspective.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree/National Diploma in Accounting or Finance
- A minimum of three (3) years’ relevant work experience required
- Proven proficiency with finance and payroll software packages: Pastel Accounting, Pastel/VIP Sage Payroll
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and high proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to file statutory returns (VAT, EMP201, EMP501, etc.)
- Ability to administer and execute financial processes and transactions
- Prior experience on a USAID-funded project preferred
- Strong individual initiative, including the ability to manage daily activities and achieve expected results with minimal oversight
- Strong written and verbal skills
- English language fluency (oral and written)
- Exceptional attention to detail required.
Please send a cover letter stating role applicability and a CV (PDF or word format) that includes contact information and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16 January 2018. Please include the title of the position you are applying to in the subject line of the email. No telephone inquiries. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deloitte Consulting Overseas Project LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.