The Tomorrow Trust supports orphaned and vulnerable children throughout their educational journey. Providing holistic education, they focus on academics and life skills, thereby empowering them to reach their full potential as self-sustaining and proactive members of society.
Based in Johannesburg, The Tomorrow Trust seeks to appoint an exceptional leader with experience in heading up a credible organization as:
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
The CEO must be passionate about making a difference in the lives of others and be motivated to express this passion by providing educational opportunities for orphaned and vulnerable children up to tertiary level.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Providing strategic direction and energy
- Leading a team of 12 professional staff who provide psychosocial support and great administration
- Creating and identifying a platform against which this NGO can leverage subtle and unique opportunities
The Chief Executive Officer should possess the following:
- A passion for people that puts what is good for the beneficiaries above all other considerations
- Unshakeable integrity and the ability to uphold and build the vision of the organisation
- At least 10 years of senior managerial experience at an executive level as well as appropriate tertiary qualifications
- Personal energy and drive and the ability to motivate others
- Entrepreneurial vision to find innovative opportunities and solutions
- Great interpersonal skills, including being approachable and inclusive
- Proven ability to network at the highest level and build lasting relationships with donors – a track record in successful fundraising is essential
- Persuasiveness in sharing the vision of the Tomorrow Trust with donors, volunteers, and staff and igniting their passion
- The ability to push through resistance and complex contexts and carry on regardless
- Ability to deliver high quality with urgency, and hold the team to the same standard
- Financial prudence and the experience and ability to guide the organisation financially
- The capacity and wisdom to manage a complex set of responsibilities and set appropriate priorities
- Facilitation and developmental skills to assist with the growth and personal [and interpersonal] upskilling of the children.
View the full job description and application instructions on the Vacancies page at www.actionappointments.co.za and email your application by
Friday 02nd February 2018 to email@example.com