Humana People to People in South Africa (HPPSA)
Humana People to People South Africa (HPP-SA) is a registered South African non-profit company and non-profit organization founded in 1995 with the mission of empowering the poor to lift themselves out of poverty and contribute to the development of their own communities. It works within the thematic areas of health; community development; food security; youth development, education and early child hood development. Today, HPPSA employs over 917 people in 5 provinces (Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape) and reaches over 500,000 people each year.
Humana People to People in South Africa seeks to recruit a Strategic Information Manager, based in Johannesburg on a 5-year contract.
Project Name: HPPSA – Prevention of New Infections among Priority Populations
Position: Strategic Information Manager
Location: Nelspruit, South Africa
Type: Regular/Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Chief of Party
Strategic Information Manager (M&E):
S/he will be the lead technical expert responsible for all strategic information responsibilities related to the program, including all monitoring, evaluation, analytics, and reporting of performance and results. S/he will lead Activity efforts to strengthen monitoring and evaluation, and performance reporting within the geographic area of Activity, which may include overseeing support to community organizations to monitor, document and analyze the performance of their HIV services and activities and ensure data quality. S/he will liaise with relevant technical advisers and counterparts responsible for district and provincial level strategic information and monitoring and evaluation and support coordination with national management information system.
Key Performance Areas:
- Design and management of M&E framework and plan in conjunction with the Chief of Party
- Develop and adapt M&E systems in line with project priorities, lessons learned, and organizational M&E framework
- Manage project monitoring and field visits, including the production of quality data and information to inform decision making
- Manage project evaluations including synthesis of information and managing dissemination of results and information to to improve knowledge sharing/management on the project
- Provision of strategic information for project level decision making in relation to program performance monitoring, planning, resource mobilization, strategic positioning and program design.
- Lead internal and external M&E reporting, providing relevant strategic information for evidence-based programmatic and strategic decision-making
- Oversight & development of M&E technical expertise of the project team Manage and build the capacity of the project M&E team
- Train relevant staff and partners on project M&E systems, including data collection, reporting requirements, and important M&E concepts
- Coordinate project operations research & publications portfolio in collaboration with Chief of Party and project team
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in public health, epidemiology, social work, monitoring & evaluation, demography, biostatistics, statistics, analytics or a related field is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of work experience in designing, establishing, and managing monitoring and evaluation systems, ensuring data quality, and managing data intensive, performance-based programs funded by PEPFAR
- Demonstrated ability to be the senior technical specialist and as a senior subject matter expert in data analytics
- Demonstrated ability to perform robust data extraction from internal and external information systems
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data analytics utilizing Microsoft Excel, STATA, and/or Business Intelligence tools
- Experience providing training in M&E systems and tools preferred
- Demonstrated ability to prepare expert quality data visualizations
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex data quality analyses and make recommendations based on findings
- Demonstrated ability to portray complex data sets in easy to understand formats including visualizations
- Demonstrated working knowledge of South Africa’s health and social service information systems and monitoring and evaluation processes as it relates to data collection for performance-based reporting
- Demonstrated knowledge and working experience in the use of mapping and other similar tools (including computer software programs) to target program interventions and resources
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English
- Excellent managerial skills and strategic thinking abilities
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the 12 January 2018 by submitting the following:
- A motivation letter, please indicate position being applied for in the subject line;
- CV to demonstrate expertise in the position;
- At least 3 traceable references;
- Completed USAID bio data form.
For more about Humana People to People in South Africa, refer to www.hpp-sa.org
Please note: No telephonic inquiries and only finalists will be contacted. If you do not receive a response 30 days after the advert closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in HPPSA.