Humana People to People in South Africa (HPPSA)
Humana People to People South Africa (HPP-SA) is a registered South African non-profit company and non-profit organization founded in 1995 with the mission of empowering the poor to lift themselves out of poverty and contribute to the development of their own communities. It works within the thematic areas of health; community development; food security; youth development, education and early child hood development. Today, HPPSA employs over 917 people in 5 provinces (Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape) and reaches over 500,000 people each year.
Humana People to People in South Africa seeks to recruit a Finance and Operations Manager, based in Pinetown on a 5-year contract.
Project Name: HPPSA – Prevention of New Infections among Priority Populations
Position: Finance and Operations Manager
Location: Pinetown, South Africa
Type: Regular/Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Country Finance Manager
The Finance and Operations Manager
S/he will be the lead expert for financial operations and management. This includes being responsible for efficient resource deployment and use, program accounting and financial reporting systems, cost-share and related reporting and ensuring compliance with USAID financial and accounting rules and regulations.
Key Performance Areas
- Manage accounting and financial internal control systems in order to manage project resources and operations
- Direct the compliance and financial management systems in accordance with donor requirements and ensure expenses are incurred consistently with grant agreements and overall contract
- Lead, supervise and mentor the project finance team
- Ensure timely and accurate submission of financial data, reports, projections, etc., as required
- Manage financial reporting and analysis to external and internal stakeholders, including financial information needs
- Support the Chief of Party, Team Leads, and Program Manager(s) in preparation and monitoring of budgets, spending trends, projections, and planning
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration or a closely related field. A Master’s degree is preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of progressively responsible experience in overseeing financial operations and management of large-scale, complex development activities in developing countries
- A minimum of 5 years of experience overseeing the procurement administration and financial management and reporting of a PEPFAR-funded activity
- Demonstrated working knowledge of U.S. Government financial and procurement rules and regulations
- Demonstrated experience with financial management tools and systems, including a high level of proficiency with computerized accounting
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English
- Sound working knowledge of financial management principles, systems, and tools
Apply to email@example.com on or before 12 January 2018 by submitting the following:-
- A motivation letter, please indicated position being applied for in the subject line;
- CV to demonstrate expertise in the position;
- At least 3 traceable references;
- Completed USAID bio data form.
For more about Humana People to People in South Africa, refer to www.hpp-sa.org
Please note: No telephonic inquiries and only finalists will be contacted. If you do not receive a response 30 days after the advert closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in HPPSA.