Humana People to People in South Africa (HPPSA)
Humana People to People South Africa (HPP-SA) is a registered South African non-profit company and non-profit organization founded in 1995 with the mission of empowering the poor to lift themselves out of poverty and contribute to the development of their own communities. It works within the thematic areas of health; community development; food security; youth development, education and early child hood development. Today, HPPSA employs over 917 people in 5 provinces (Gauteng, Limpopo, Mpumalanga and KwaZulu-Natal and Eastern Cape) and reaches over 500,000 people each year.
Humana People to People in South Africa seeks to recruit a Community Services and Linkage Manager, based in Johannesburg on a 5-year contract.
Project Name: HPPSA – Prevention of New Infections among Priority Populations
Position: Community Services and Linkages Manager
Location: Nelspruit, South Africa
Type: Regular/Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Chief of Party
Community Services & Linkage Manager:
S/he will be the lead technical expert for integration of community and clinical service delivery with a focus on improving results towards “90-90-90”. This includes strengthening linkages and coordination between social service and health workforces as well as strengthening bi-directional referral systems to improve both health/HIV and social service delivery. The Community Services & Linkage Manager will strengthen implementation of comprehensive, HIV inclusive case management with a focus on improving pediatric HIV case identification; strengthening HIV prevention focus, linkage to HTS, care, and treatment; retention among both children and their caregivers; and violence prevention and response.
Key Performance Areas:
- Strengthen bi-directional referral systems to improve both health/HIV and social service delivery, particularly for OVCA and AGYW
- Improve implementation of comprehensive, HIV-inclusive case management with a focus on improving paediatric HIV case identification and response
- Strengthen HIV prevention focus, linkage to HTS, care, and treatment; retention among both children and their caregivers; and violence prevention and response among target populations
- Manage community profile and mapping referral systems of patients from the community to facility and vice versa
- Work closely with key stakeholders to create and manage demand for health services
- Develop systems to enhance linkages to care, trace defaulters, and ensure age-appropriate, targeted care in conjunction with community-based staff and health facilities
- Engage communities in target areas to improve the quality of care, retention in care, and adherence to treatment
Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work or Public Health with a focus on public health, social sciences, or related field
- Demonstrated role in strengthening coordination and linkages between clinical and community stakeholders, health and social service workforces; and operationalizing integrated service delivery models;
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a technical advisory role for large-scale family and community-based programs;
- A minimum of 3 years of experience serving in a technical advisory role for a PEPFAR-funded activity, with a focus on improving the wellbeing of OVCA and HIV prevention among AGYW
- Demonstrated working knowledge of PEPFAR Technical Guidance for OVC and Prevention
- Solid knowledge of the public health landscape in South Africa
- Demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12 January 2018 by submitting the following:-
- A motivation letter, please indicate position being applied for in the subject line;
- CV to demonstrate expertise in the position;
- At least 3 traceable references;
- Completed USAID bio data form.
For more about Humana People to People in South Africa, refer to www.hpp-sa.org
Please note: No telephonic inquiries and only finalists will be contacted. If you do not receive a response 30 days after the advert closing date, please consider your application as being unsuccessful. We take this opportunity to thank you for your application and your interest in HPPSA.