The Health Systems Trust (HST)
The Health Systems Trust (HST) is a nonprofit organisation that strives to build comprehensive, effective, efficient and equitable national health systems by supporting the implementation of functional health districts in South Africa and in the southern African region.
HST seeks to appoint a Data Capturer for the ‘Females Rising through Education, Support and Health’ (FRESH) Project, to be based in uMlazi, KwaZulu-Natal.
Salary: Package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications will be offered.
Duration: Fixed-term contract position, renewable subject to continuation of funding.
- Perform daily entry of data from files/forms into an electronic database, including an enrolment log; attendance register; bloods, mucosal and rectal swabs register; and various other data
- Assist with data-cleaning and analysis
- Assist with analysis of clinical and behavioural data as needed by the Programme Manager and Investigators
- Contact laboratory partners (HPP and Global) as needed to verify missing or irregular results whilst ensuring that all data and time points are consistent across all sites (with the FRESH clinic)
- Assist with the development and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system to ensure accurate and efficient entry of data into the REDCap electronic database
- Perform completeness checks on all collected raw data
- Identify and assist with rectifying errors and missing data
- Ensure that all lab results, surveys and forms are placed in correct tabs and secured
- Manage the archiving of patient records for storage
- Provide weekly updates on study disenrollment
- A Matriculation Certificate is a minimum requirement; a tertiary qualification would be advantageous
- Minimum one to three years’ experience in data capturing
- Excellent computer skills including use of Microsoft Excel (database experience would be an added advantage)
- Exceptional organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure
- Fast and accurate data-capturing and entry skills
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and to confidential and ethical issues pertaining to patient information
To apply, submit a CV, stating the position applied for, together with the names and contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three contactable referees, to email@example.com
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Health systems Trust promotes employment equity.
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of all qualifications and identity documents.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
E-mail users are requested to set the delivery option of their message on both ‘Return Receipt’ and ‘Confirm Delivery’.
Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
All shortlisted candidates will be subjected to reference and credential checks.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
HST reserves the right to not fill this position.
For more about Health Systems Trust, refer to www.hst.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies