Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation
The Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation (DTHF) is a registered nonprofit organisation focused on the pursuit of excellence in research, treatment, training and prevention of HIV and related infections in Southern Africa.
DTHF seeks to appoint a Laboratory Manager to be based in Cape Town.
Duration: Full-time permanent position
The purpose for this positon is to run the laboratory safely by using their managerial skills and knowledge of safety and laboratory procedures to ensure that the laboratory operate smoothly.
- Prepare, write, review and amend personnel/procedures, standards operating procedure, working practice guidelines, guidance and policies in collaboration with PI’s, Investigators, Clinical Operations Manager and SCO’s
- Keep registers of all antibodies, primers, specimens and samples
- Responsible for instrumentation in the laboratory and keeping instruments - centrifuges, microscopes, thermocyclers etc. in good repair
- Schedule monthly lab meetings and provide regular feedback to Clinical Operations Coordinator and Principal Investigator
- Implement all sponsor requested requirements
- Prepare and maintain regulatory files for all studies
- Oversees laboratory safety and ensures that the laboratory remains in compliance with all local and state regulations
- Familiar with the regulatory requirements specific to the laboratory and ensures all users are incompliance with those standards.
- All procurement, including supplies, materials, and services, including ordering through SAP, and outside company orders.
- Ensure that the laboratory is cleaned/sanitized and kept in an orderly manner and ensure all instrumentations/equipment is functioning properly
- Identify training needs and conducts ongoing training and troubleshoots problems within the Research Officer
- Grade 12 and National Diploma in Medical Technology
- HPCSA registration
- Three years’ laboratory experience; preference within a research environment
- People management skills
- Computer Literate (Proficiency in Microsoft Office)
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and Interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving and decision-making
- Planning and organising skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to maintain effectiveness during changing conditions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Work standards
- Good Clinical Practice (GCP), Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) and Human Subject Protection (HSP)
- Infectious Substances Transport (IATA) Training
- Passion Innovation Progress Integrity Respect Excellence
To apply, quote Job reference, submit CV, motivation letter with certified copy of highest qualification and details of three current contactable referees to: Attention HR Manager Jobs@hiv-research.org.za quoting Job reference: #DTHF/C001
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DTHF is committed to equity in our employment practices.
It is with intention to appoint individuals with the aim of meeting our equity objectives.
DTHF reserve the right not to appoint if no suitable candidates are identified.
This job may be removed before it expires.
If you are a foreign national applying for this position, please attach a copy of your work permit to your application.
If you do not receive a response within two weeks after the closing date, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation is a child friendly organisation committed to the protection of children.
For more about the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation, refer to www.desmondtutuhivfoundation.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies