Amandla Development is a nonprofit organisation that works to empower South African youth with equal access to quality education opportunities. Amandla facilitates Collective Networks in three communities that foster a community driven approach to improving learner wellbeing and education outcomes.
Amandla Development seeks to appoint a Project Manager, based in Philippi, Cape Town.
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing project implementation in Philippi across two programmes.
Start date: February 2018
- Report directly to the Programme Manager and supervise project coordinators
- Develop and support implementation of project management systems
- Guide project coordinators through structured processes for achieving project outcomes
- Provide regular project overview/reports, including quantitative and qualitative monitoring
- Supervising process of maintaining stakeholder relationships
- Manage volunteers to keep them engaged and motivated
- Help to identify new partners to work with and maintain current partner relationships
- Meet deadlines consistently and to manage multiple, shifting deadlines
- Help to deliver quality programs and make sure that the number of beneficiaries in our programs grow every year
- Project fundraising
- Project financial management
- Proven project management experience will be highly valued. Minimum two years in a similar role
- Proven people management experience
- Must have strong, demonstrated organisation skills
- Strong project planning and implementation skills
- Fundraising experience will be a big plus
- Facilitation skills a big plus
- Must be fluent in English; fluent isiXhosa will have preference
- Highly goals and outcomes-orientated
- Basic knowledge of M&E systems
- Valid driver's license
- Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of software: Gmail, Google Drive, Dropbox and WhatsApp
- Strong interest in education and community development
- Ability and willingness to multitask and manage shifting deadlines
- Highly motivated and energetic
- Proven ability to motivate others
- Comfortable working independently or without direct supervision
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Basic project financial management skills, including cash accounting are a must
To apply, submit a CV (maximum two pages) and Cover letter explaining your interest in Amandla's approach and outlines why you would be well-suited to this position also including your most recent salary and your salary expectations for this position to email@example.com quoting “Cape Town PM” in the subject line.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Cover letter explaining your interest in Amandla's approach and outlines why you would be well-suited to this position.
NB: Applications without both salary expectation and cover letter will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews beginning in January 2018.
For more about Amandla Development, refer to www.amandladev.org.